Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,713,465 times

Advertisements

Regrets, I have a few but then again, too few to mention.

Not giving enough hugs
Not reading scriptures together more

And if I could keep going:
I'd delay fast food- wish I could turn back the clock on that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM

897 posts, read 2,454,870 times
I am a single mom- kids are 17 and 15

PROUD:
Both kids make me so proud- they have grown up with no father and it has been a tough road- they both have very good grades and seem to make good choices- a few bumps in the road but they learn from their mistakes

hearing other parents say what great children I have ......

Regrets:
Never remarrying and gving them the chance to have a different father that cared about them.

wishing we had done more things together- having a boy and girl - we have had to split alot with sports anbd activities

Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 AM

904 posts, read 2,873,336 times
I am proud that my oldest two are smart, hardworking young adults who know the value of a dollar.
I am proud that I was able to remarry and show them a happy life in spite of my divorce from their father.

Regrets:
I regret that my oldest is a little afraid of committment. He is only 21 and I pray that he will one day find the right girl and put the effort in to make a marriage work. Right now he says "all marriages end". It breaks my heart that this beautiful boy might not want a wife and children.

I regret that my daughter has no relationship with her father. I know in my heart that I did everything to encourage a good relationship with him but he just doesn't want anything to do with her. He hasn't seen her in almost 3 years and she hurts for the family she doesn't know.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
PROUD

~I'm proud that my children are super nice people who are compassionate and considerate of others and possess the ability resist influence due to being solidly grounded in logic with excellent ethics and morals.

~I'm proud that we have been able to provide a stable, happy, and healthy family, marriage and environment where our children felt safe and always comfortable talking to us about anything.

REGRETS

In my darkest moments, I really have only one regret that isn't necessarily well founded.

~I regret not knowing the symptoms for anxiety disorders in young children, but I realize it probably wouldn't have made a difference because the genetics are just too deeply entrenched in both sides of the family. Like most mothers, I beat myself up about something I shouldn't.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM

652 posts, read 2,663,662 times
Proud:
I can't just list 2, so I guess I will just say that I am proud of everything that my 14 and 8 yr old are and will be. I think it is because I have always had an honest, open, and to the point relationship with them and I have never been afraid to admit that I am wrong or get outside opinions and help.

regrets:
2 biggies that I unfortunately beat myself up for all the time.
14 dd had problems with stepdad for years. I should have been more forceful with dh and gotten some sort of counseling.
8 ds has many problems; I should NOT HAVE LISTENED to family, drs, school, and friends and gone with my gut feeling years ago to get him help. I knew there was something not quite right around the age of 2, but he has not got any real diagnosis or help until the last couple of months (and we're still in diagnosis mode)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting