Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,030,945 times

Advertisements

I don't have kids so I don't know what would be more useful to give a friend that is having twins in a couple of week.

What would you suggest?

I don't want to give a gift card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,905,195 times
In addition to any other little gift I give someone having a baby, I give a lingerie bag with a note letting them know that it's a tip I found in a magazine while pregnant with my son... keep a lingerie bag next to where you change the baby's clothing and throw their little socks in as you remove them. On laundry day, just zip up the bag and throw it in the wash. You never lose socks that way and it's quick - no pinning them together, no scrambling to find a safety pin.

Maybe make it a "themed gift"... use a smaller laundry basket as a gift basket, add a bottle of Dreft, a couple extra crib sheets (white matches everything), a lingerie bag, two small blankets (one green, one blue), two baby bath towels and a package of baby washcloths.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,728,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I don't have kids so I don't know what would be more useful to give a friend that is having twins in a couple of week.

What would you suggest?

I don't want to give a gift card.
Onesies are always good but do not buy newborn sizes because they probably already have them. 3-6 months is better because you can always put them on a newborn in a pinch. And as I learned with my ds boys need a lot more clothes early on than girls. Since summer is around the corner you could also get them summer hats.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:00 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,069,672 times
I don't know how much you want to spend but at the mom of twins, bouncy chairs were a HUGE help, as were baby swings. We got more clothing then we could use. DIAPERS would be a great gift-get them in several sizes and include the receipt so they can be exchanged if needed. The BEST thing I had for the twins and I haven't been able to find it so you may have to really look were bottles that had this straw attachment. They were regular bottles and had a flexible tube that went into the bottle on one end and connected to the nipple on another. Basically you could feed the babies a bottle while holding the babies and not the bottles. I nursed the twins but these came in handy when we traveled. I LOVED those!!

What was the most helpful was an extra set of hands. We had a 3 year old and newborn twins so anytime someone wanted to come visit I was just trilled. Our kids are now 17, 15/15.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 AM

4,096 posts, read 11,418,829 times
Depends on how much you want to spend but premade meals are always good. There are services here who will prepare 2 weeks of meals for the freezer.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,264,281 times
The best gift I received for my baby when he was born was a clothes basket with diapers (size 1 & 2) wipes, food grinder, suction plate, baby spoon, towels, bottles, pacis, some onsies, baby bath, baby powder and a baby bath tub. Yes, this may be a little more than you want to spend, but get a clothes basket and go to the baby aisle, diapers are a must!! and put in all the little things babies need. Don't worry about duplicates.... with two little ones, your friend will go through all the goodies you pick out.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:30 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,375,765 times
i just had a baby in January and here were some of the most useful gifts:

1) jumbo packs of diapers and wipes. Size 1 diapers are good b/c they will fit most babies for the first few months.

2) Pre-made meals

3) Sleepers with zippers. Easy to get on and off and can be worn all day.

4) Onsies. Seems like you can never have enough of these, especially with a leaky newborn.

5) A friend who is a nurse put together a first aid kit with a good thermometer, infant Tylenol, baby nailclippers, etc. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,089,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Depends on how much you want to spend but premade meals are always good. There are services here who will prepare 2 weeks of meals for the freezer.
As a parent of twin toddlers, I have to say that's a GREAT idea! The first few months with twins is rather hellish, especially if you're like us and had no grandparent help. We did it all on our own somehow, and the sleep deprivation is horrible because with twins, we couldn't trade off nights and get a full night's sleep once in a while. I lost weight because I was often so tired that preparing food just wasn't worth the trouble!

A couple big boxes of #1 diapers would be good too. They're around $35 a box, and the financial shock of twins can be overwhelming, so a month's worth of diapers could help.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,902,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
I'm going to agree with this one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting