Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 03:11 PM

9,447 posts, read 5,208,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean when things start to get unsanitary like this I think it's time to lay down the law. It's gross and could be affecting other people like at school...ever heard of pinworms? Have you punished her yet?

Sometimes I feel like there's too much gentle parenting going on. I'd call the pediatrician and take her in and have them tell her to use toilet paper if she wont listen to you.
^^^^ this right here. See a pediatrician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 03:37 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I hope that you aren't a parent. This world doesn't need people like you
Actually, a poor parent would not do anything. This is a health issue.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:04 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Actually, a poor parent would not do anything. This is a health issue.
RIGHT? I get that kids can be frustrating but I think I'd have flipped out as soon as I knew this was happening. Some things are just unacceptable behavior. This isnt Sally won't eat her broccoli...this is sally won't wipe her butt after taking a poop.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:09 PM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I've already tried that. Didn't work. Neither did rewards, taking away things, throwing away panties, etc. Maybe it works for your kids. For that I'm thrilled. It doesn't work for my daughter b/c she simply doesn't give a damn about all that. What worked? Making her wear a pair of pull ups (around the house by the way, not out in public) for one day. She wiped for the next 5 or 6 months - faithfully. But she's now gotten back in the habit of not wiping, so I'm going w/ what works.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that wearing the pull ups for a day won't turn her into a manic serial killer when she grows up.
There must be a reason. Maybe she wasn't show a proper technique and got poop on her fingers? That made her hate the procedure...
Maybe paper is too "stubborn" to fold and she would do better with baby wipes? Just leave a container with lid nearby for used wipes. Doesn't have to be anything fancy - any container with lid like from dips or sour cream could do. Then you don't have to open it and handle, just throw the whole thing out.
Wipes are moist, and gentle, and fold easier. Still show her how to do it. Some people on C-D admitted to just crumble TP like a ball (yeah, we had a thread about that)

Hope, she understands that when she doesn't clean that area, it will stink and other kids in the school would know why and avoid her or talk about that behind her back. She surely don't want that...

See if any of this help:
https://www.grinningcheektocheek.com/teach-kids-to-wipe
https://lemonlimeadventures.com/crea...pe-themselves/
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...gle&prmd=visxn

Hope it will.
Maybe there are some YouTube tutorials for kids ..

Old 11-09-2021, 04:24 PM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Lol... I found MANY!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=yout...obile&ie=UTF-8

This is really cute!
https://youtu.be/uXP8UfHtOlI

You are not alone, OP:
https://youtu.be/YsB1itdo1uE

Last edited by elnina; 11-09-2021 at 04:33 PM..

Old 11-12-2021, 07:30 AM

356 posts, read 284,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I had thought about baby wipes but I'm afraid of plumbing issues. Up till a year ago we were in a house with septic system for 25 years and you have to be so careful about what goes down the toilet.

She is excited about using the baby wipes but I told her only one.

Anybody have plumbing problems with flushing baby wipes?

we have a summer place in greece and they are notorious for bad plumbing. so much so, bathrooms are regularly equipped with a lidded waste basket nearer to the toilet. NO ONE throws anything down the toilet. not toilet paper ...NOTHING.
telling her she can only use one wipe is a bit restrictive, and it may not get the job done.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:31 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
The OP posted in 2010, so I'm sure that the problem has been resolved by now.

Old 11-12-2021, 12:14 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Funny how i missed that. ha

Old 11-12-2021, 08:13 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I had thought about baby wipes but I'm afraid of plumbing issues. Up till a year ago we were in a house with septic system for 25 years and you have to be so careful about what goes down the toilet.

Thanks to all for the ideas.

I always buy the softest tissues and she always waits till she gets home to do her business so that isn't the issue. She said she just doesn't want to deal with it, that she might get her hands dirty. I told her that is why we always wash our hands after using the bathroom. We will work on it and I'm sure she will come around. She is excited about using the baby wipes but I told her only one.

Anybody have plumbing problems with flushing baby wipes?
Don’t flush wipes! They will destroy your plumbing. Have her put them in the trash.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:37 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
As a matter of fact, on another thread about posters who haven't posted much, the OP was mentioned and another poster said she is in touch with her and that her two younger daughters, one of whom was the subject of this thread, are now in college.

So, yeah, I bet it has been resolved by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting