Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
Wow, a person values their family, why is that a bad thing? Why are you a parent then?
lol... yup you got me.. i don't value my family because i keep my kids quiet when we go out and i think those family stickers are stupid... my gig's up... good work detective

Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM

496 posts, read 1,251,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by port north View Post
you just wish your own mother would have valued you that much.
good one

Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,869,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Screw the rest of the world.
Yep that is Long Island in a nutshell. Just like when the LIPA chairman said "Screw Connecticut" when it came to illegally reactivating a cable across the sound druring the blackout in 2003. The ME ME ME attitude is all this place teaches. You not the soccer moms are what screams it!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
probably has those family stickers on the back of her suv too
Aren't those stickers so indicative of the Soccer Mom mentality. Like if your car got into an accident, the police will take anytime to look at stickers on the back of a window to determine who may be in the car.

Oh please...typical LI parental naivety

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
She did..that's why she taught me how to behave in public,
I have serious doubts about that

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
I'm not from long island. i don't like soccer, but looovvvvveee football. it is called football. repeat after me: football. the whole world calls it footballs. let's get on board already.
All they care about is baseball and their stupid "subway series", no one cares about baseball outside of NY and Boston. It's the most boring game!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 AM

239 posts, read 612,430 times
Hey now. Easy on the "child free = child hater" sentiment. Many of us who choose not to have children end up being doting aunts/uncles, godparents, etc. Just because a person decides not to have a child does not me he or she hates children! Shameless self-promotion: Reasons people choose not to have children - by Meghan Rizzo - Page 2 - Helium

By the way, to those citing my baby-burping anecdote, I repeat: I was joking!! Totally embellishing for the purpose of adding levity to this discussion! Smile!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:12 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
I have serious doubts about that
Why..because I won't tolerate your offspring. Sorry..they arent speciialllllll.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegDrew View Post
Hey now. Easy on the "child free = child hater" sentiment. Many of us who choose not to have children end up being doting aunts/uncles, godparents, etc. Just because a person decides not to have a child does not me he or she hates children! Shameless self-promotion: Reasons people choose not to have children - by Meghan Rizzo - Page 2 - Helium
True, people without children are not necessarily child haters. I do know people without children that like children and are supportive of parents raising children. However many of those that proudly proclaim that they are "child-free" often do actively hate children. Those are the ones I'm against.

The one thing though that goes without saying is that people without kids have no idea what it is like to be parent. You can't possibly know. However I do know what it was like to be a childless adult, I was one for more than a decade. I've personally experienced both sides of the equation.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
you refer to children as accessories, while most consider them part of families. when you were planning your wedding you should have not even invited parents who have children, especially young ones, because most of them wouldn't come without their children. so you didn't need to invite them period. but you did and had a lot of them, like you said, get upset with you. you're also comparing r-rated movies with weddings. i don't understand that.
Actually, if you read my post, it was only the people on my ex's side who got all huffy--and trust me, these are the kind of people who also pestered us with stupid, self-absorbed questions like, "Can you tell the waiter to put mayonnaise on my salmon?" and "Can we also get a side dish of pasta to go with our mannicotti?" and "Why do we have to wait until 7:00 to eat when the wedding is over by 5:00?" You know, because our personal celebration should be arranged to suit someone else. Please.

My friends, many of whom flew in from other places, were glad to leave their kids home. But I guess you missed the part where I explained how most of the parents were glad to have a night out.

And I said I don't understand how some people tote kids around like accessories. Meaning the parents who have to drag them to everything, whether they are sick, cranky, or belong at at an event. I'm not the one treating kids like accessories. These parents are.

Try reading a post and actually understanding it next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting