Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
okay, I tried not to join in the overall trolling going on here but Philly people boo crippled people and santa claus?
Well, they weren't very nice to Dan Akroyd when he was dressed as Santa in Trading Places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 AM

429 posts, read 653,945 times
Philly people would boo Jesus even if he was crippled.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,346,875 times
Lets bring this to a compromise: Philly is awesome for what it is, and Pittsburgh is awesome for what it is. PA has a healthy balance with two larger cities in the state unlike some such as IL, MI, GA, MA etc. Even the smaller cities have much to offer compared to ones in other states *cough* Ohio *cough* lol. I personally enjoy Philly better myself but the negatives can be taken into account such as comparatively high cost of living (for the state), higher crime, and worse traffic (the wonderful surekill expressway feels like miles upon miles of greentree hilll traffic.) On the other hand, much of Philly around Center City is in tact providing for an urban experience similar to Chicago or NYC, which is harder to find in Pittsburgh (which has its two business districts separated by one of the cities worse ghettos.) Also, while Philly has a neighborhood on the other side of 95, all Pittsburgh has on their riverfront is surface lots such as the Mon Wharf. Anyways, all the cities in the state are great and provide an urban experience for much less expense than the large cities in other states.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Well, they weren't very nice to Dan Akroyd when he was dressed as Santa in Trading Places
great movie.
that said, the sports things is completely idiotic. you often get people trashing the other town because it's somehow showing support for their team even when it's obviously full of half truths at best and more likely, being spoken by someone who knows nothing about the other place. it's funny the way people get all worked up about sports as if it has any meaning in their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Lets bring this to a compromise: Philly is awesome for what it is, and Pittsburgh is awesome for what it is. PA has a healthy balance with two larger cities in the state unlike some such as IL, MI, GA, MA etc. Even the smaller cities have much to offer compared to ones in other states *cough* Ohio *cough* lol. I personally enjoy Philly better myself but the negatives can be taken into account such as comparatively high cost of living (for the state), higher crime, and worse traffic (the wonderful surekill expressway feels like miles upon miles of greentree hilll traffic.) On the other hand, much of Philly around Center City is in tact providing for an urban experience similar to Chicago or NYC, which is harder to find in Pittsburgh (which has its two business districts separated by one of the cities worse ghettos.) Also, while Philly has a neighborhood on the other side of 95, all Pittsburgh has on their riverfront is surface lots such as the Mon Wharf. Anyways, all the cities in the state are great and provide an urban experience for much less expense than the large cities in other states.
to your list of state's with an unhealthy balance add NY. NYC continues to thrive while the rest of the state slips into oblivion under the weight of some of the country's least business friendly policies.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Even the smaller cities have much to offer compared to ones in other states *cough* Ohio *cough* lol.
Makes you feel better to denigrate another state to feel better about Pennsylvania, does it?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:25 PM

74 posts, read 107,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Makes you feel better to denigrate another state to feel better about Pennsylvania, does it?
I agree with this post. Too much of this goes on, and I would think Philadelphans and Pittsburghers would be sensitive to this since both of these cities have often been unfairly characterized by bth the media and commentators on sites such as this. I often wince at the way people denigrate other cities which they may not know much about.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-01-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwnd View Post
I agree with this post. Too much of this goes on, and I would think Philadelphans and Pittsburghers would be sensitive to this since both of these cities have often been unfairly characterized by bth the media and commentators on sites such as this. I often wince at the way people denigrate other cities which they may not know much about.
I've been to cleveland and it's not unfairly characterized.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
Quote:
Lived near there... and I agree.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Oh you mean how you do the very same regarding PA? Honestly.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 PM

64 posts, read 206,548 times
Quote:
BAZINGA!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania