U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM

3,190 posts, read 2,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is not an MSNBC poll. MSNBC logo is somehow mixed in there.
Ummmmmmm?????......I don't think MSNBC's logo got there by accident.

If you read beside the poll it states:

Newsvine is msnbc.com's social-news community

Even the LINK says:msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?
I really fail to see your point regardless???

Old 07-12-2010, 01:17 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,025,887 times
Don't get me wrong. I am happy to see those numbers but the are so lopsided they are hard to believe. Even a Fox poll would have returned 90-10. What sort of site is newsvine politically?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:01 PM

390 posts, read 1,040,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy2k View Post
Please name at least one terrorist that has come through the Mexican border or other borders? There is ZERO evidence that "astounding numbers" of terrorists are caught illegally entering the USA every year. It is fear mongering and it is a lie. Actual terrorists do not want to attract unwanted attention which is why we rarely catch these guys before they attack. Look at the 9/11 hijackers, the majority, if not all, were here legally on various Visas.

Can you even think of one recent attempted terrorist attack that involved someone who entered illegally? I cannot but I may be missing one. But regardless, overall they are here legally. The failed Times Square bomber was a US citizen, the Fort Hood shooter was also a US citizen. If you count the non Muslim terrorists as terrorists (I do as they intended to terrorize) then they were also US citizens (IRS bomber, Pentagon Guard killer, abortion doctor killer etc). If you count the people in cells who were caught within the past year, they were not here illegally either.

Claiming terrorists come here illegally to strengthen your immigration stance is intellectually dishonest and outright false considering you have provided no credible evidence to support your claim. I have researched this debunked talking point before and have not found any evidence that suggests terrorists are actually coming through the border illegally.
People Other Than Mexicans Currently In Detention In ICE Custody Including From Terrorist Countries - News Story - WSB Atlanta (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/23436627/detail.html - broken link)

Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
You have to be a premium member of Rasmussen to view the actual demographic table for this poll, but here is a link to a screenshot that was posted on another website:

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-conten...2010/04/az.jpg

70% in favor overall

63% of "Other" favor it, 36% oppose it

"Other" is comprised of: Latinos (30.1 percent of the state’s population), Native Americans (4.9 percent), and Asians (2.5 percent).
I guess that pretty well answers the question!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushSuks View Post
Just make sure your first inline to pick apples or any of the other back breaking labor they perform. They provide a service that no one wants to do, trust me I live in apple orchard country. When you get rid of them, you are raising business cost of local farmers which I am sure you and your republican friends will be picking them. 50 cents a bushel, I think they pay them. They sure are stealing jobs that I want...LOL

As soon as Federal Immigration Reform goes through the thing in AZ will be forgotten like the bush tax cuts on the rich.... Good riddance to both failed laws.
There was a huge study done a few years ago when McCain offered to pay any American $50.00 an hour to pick lettuce. It was found that hiring Americans would add a whopping 10 cents to the price of a head of lettuce.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
A third poll commissioned by the National Council of La Raza, a non-partisan group that advocates for improving opportunities for Hispanics, suggests Arizona Latino voters overwhelmingly oppose the new law and worry Latinos who are in the state legally will be targeted by police, The Arizona Republic reported Thursday.
La Raza?? Doesn't that "The Race" in Spanish. Well, that sounds racist to me and indicates that they are Hispanic Supremacists.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,025,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
There was a huge study done a few years ago when McCain offered to pay any American $50.00 an hour to pick lettuce. It was found that hiring Americans would add a whopping 10 cents to the price of a head of lettuce.
I remember that well. Are you really sure anyone pays that much?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 PM

3,190 posts, read 2,265,271 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I am happy to see those numbers but the are so lopsided they are hard to believe. Even a Fox poll would have returned 90-10. What sort of site is newsvine politically?

Yes, I was astounded that any site associated with MSNBC would have numbers like that.

I can't really say what type of place it is politically, but I believe it's just a place MSNBC has set up for people to discuss their news items.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I remember that well. Are you really sure anyone pays that much?
When McCain made the offer, I think it was MIT that then did the study to find out how much a citizen doing the farm work would affect the price of lettuce. I think they used $12.00 an hour as the criteria and then figured in the tradition benefits most citizens were receiving at that time. However, the number of illegals who actually work in agriculture is way overblown. The government and the MSM want everyone to think that most illegals work in agriculture. In reality, only a small percentage actually does.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 AM

21 posts, read 34,558 times
Well, PA is one of the 9 states supporting AZ against Obama. Good for us. Hopefully the illegals that moved here from AZ will get the right idea that they are not welcome and leave our state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania