U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 AM

422 posts, read 797,333 times
Default Illegal immigrants moving from AZ to Pennsylvania

Undocumented couple leave SB 1070 behind

Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 AM

3,190 posts, read 2,216,171 times
I remember reading a couple years ago that the Mercer County barracks of the Pennsylvania State Police has the highest record of busting both illegal aliens and drug smugglers in the entire State (since I-80 enters PA in Mercer Co from the West/Ohio).

Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 AM

1,893 posts, read 2,365,275 times
Pennsylvania has historically welcomed all kinds of people, Christian, Jewish, Quaker, Amish, Catholic, Protestant, poor and rich, young and old, long time citizens and new immigrants, western Europeans and eastern Europeans, Chinese and many others. The Quaker tradition still holds in this state. Quakers have spoken out for immigrant/undocumented/illegal alien rights. Quakers helped runaway slaves during the Civil War. I remember growing in western PA hearing an ad for a Pittsburgh TV station that went something like: "People is a whole world of people." Then it goes on to list some of the people that came to Pittsburgh "Bulgarian, Romanian, Greek, Czech, Polish, Welsh...", etc.

We can descend into the typical arguments of "send them back home", "don't use our tax dollars", "go back where you came from". I wanted to remind people why Pennsyvania is different than many other states in how we have historically welcomed strangers. I'm aware of some of the hostility towards illegal AND legal immigrants in Pennsylvania over the last few years. The people who would attack and even kill Latinos do not speak for me!

I'm proud to be a Pennsylvanian. I'm proud of our history of tolerance. If those people are willing to work hard, then I say let them come.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM

6 posts, read 6,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Pennsylvania has historically welcomed all kinds of people, Christian, Jewish, Quaker, Amish, Catholic, Protestant, poor and rich, young and old, long time citizens and new immigrants, western Europeans and eastern Europeans, Chinese and many others. The Quaker tradition still holds in this state. Quakers have spoken out for immigrant/undocumented/illegal alien rights. Quakers helped runaway slaves during the Civil War. I remember growing in western PA hearing an ad for a Pittsburgh TV station that went something like: "People is a whole world of people." Then it goes on to list some of the people that came to Pittsburgh "Bulgarian, Romanian, Greek, Czech, Polish, Welsh...", etc.

We can descend into the typical arguments of "send them back home", "don't use our tax dollars", "go back where you came from". I wanted to remind people why Pennsyvania is different than many other states in how we have historically welcomed strangers. I'm aware of some of the hostility towards illegal AND legal immigrants in Pennsylvania over the last few years. The people who would attack and even kill Latinos do not speak for me!

I'm proud to be a Pennsylvanian. I'm proud of our history of tolerance. If those people are willing to work hard, then I say let them come.
I will be proud of PA when we send their ILLEGAL butts back to Mexico.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM

1,416 posts, read 2,351,684 times
Quote:

We may be welcoming, but this is still a largely white state.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM

390 posts, read 1,029,923 times
http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=3041

THE COSTS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION TO Pennsylvanians

Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 11,816,656 times
Quote:
Pennsylvania has historically welcomed all kinds of people,.
That's great if they are here legally and if not then they need to scoot on back home. Don't care where they came from, Ole England, Turkey, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, China or from Mars. If they are not here legally, then it's a mute argument.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM

390 posts, read 1,029,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
There's a lot of good comments which has been left and there doesn't seem to be too many race baiters or bleeding hearts either.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:49 PM

7 posts, read 10,718 times
The voters in Pa will fix this situation at the next election. The illegals will then head back to Mexico.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,375 times
I say welcome everyone, who is willing to come into this country legally. If they pay their taxes and respect our country I say welcome brother. If not GET OUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania