U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 03:29 PM

7 posts, read 35,289 times

Advertisements

With you mentioning the underground railroad....It may not be the Litch Mansion. I know of 3 groomers and the area, one very personally However, the demand in this area isn't as great as it could be. I think that there is the debate of food on the table or a clean dog

Again, good luck to your neighbor and look me up if they should have any questions
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 08:15 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,597,980 times
Jefferson County of Pennsylvania, is absolutely lovely. I've lived here for the past 25 years, and prior to that was in Clearfield county. Brookville is lovely, a very nice community with pleasant people, good schools, lots of mom and pop shops, and NO mall. That is the one thing I love best about it. They have not allowed a mall, or a WalMart.
They also have one of the finest veterinary hospitals in the county, Brookville Veterinary Hospital.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM

511 posts, read 1,838,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwonder View Post
My brother is thinking of moving to Brookville. How is it there? Would you say the city is growing?
It's not even a city, merely a town that is popular because it is right along Interstate 80 and offers hotels and ammentities for gas and other travelling needs. It's also near Cooks Forest State Park.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM

35 posts, read 154,544 times
The home has history. It is right behind the 7 - 11 gas station. I have heard so many weird story's about the home. A person that would be seen in the attic window. Was the most common one. I was born and raised here. When they did remodel the home. I have not heard to many story lately.

Here is a sight on it. Look for "Brookville".
Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Pennsylvania

Old 05-24-2008, 08:29 PM

44 posts, read 133,114 times
I love Brookville it is a nice little town but there is nothing there to do except Cook Forest. It does have one up on the rest of the small towns in the area at least there are fast food restaurants and cheapest gas prices in the area at the Flying J Truck Stop! I love the Youth Centre there.They turned a old theatre into a great concert place.
My family is originally from Munderf Pa in Polk Township and I remember going to Grocery store I think the store is called MIKES ? by the old Litch mansion it always creeped me out. And wasn't the 7-11 store the original Sheetz before they moved it to Allegheny BLVD?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 9,672 times
I just found this site also and I was wondering if I could get a job driving a school bus in that area. I have loads of experience; was originally trained and licensed in Pennsylvania in the 1970s. (I'm a native). I've got 15 years experience here in Florida. Would I be able to support myself - rent, food, taxes, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACountryGirl View Post
Living in Brookville, PA and willing to answer any questions for those of you thinking to make the move towards this area.

I just found this site and thought I'd offer my help, if you'd be interested. Having lived here all of my life, I may be able to answer questions others only have heard about.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1985 View Post
I love Brookville it is a nice little town but there is nothing there to do except Cook Forest. It does have one up on the rest of the small towns in the area at least there are fast food restaurants and cheapest gas prices in the area at the Flying J Truck Stop! I love the Youth Centre there.They turned a old theatre into a great concert place.
My family is originally from Munderf Pa in Polk Township and I remember going to Grocery store I think the store is called MIKES ? by the old Litch mansion it always creeped me out. And wasn't the 7-11 store the original Sheetz before they moved it to Allegheny BLVD?
Yes it was the Sheetz, Yes there is a store called Mikes just down the road from there.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLgirl View Post
I just found this site also and I was wondering if I could get a job driving a school bus in that area. I have loads of experience; was originally trained and licensed in Pennsylvania in the 1970s. (I'm a native). I've got 15 years experience here in Florida. Would I be able to support myself - rent, food, taxes, etc.?
Its not to hard to get a bus driver job. But the come and go. I know probably about 10 of them. Just two months ago they were looking for a van driver. Not sure if they are looking for one now. If you call the Brookville area transportation office 814-849-1101 they might know.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,541 times
Default moving

We just bought a home in Brookville and were thinking about starting a towtruck business. We have property and a really big garage on our property. Any thoughts on starting this type of business. If not .. any suggestions on what the town needs?

Thanks for your responses.
Deb and Steve

Old 06-23-2008, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,511 times
Default The Mansion Restaurant

Wow! I just found this site when I Googled the Mansion Restaurant. My grandparents owned it when I was growing up. It was at the very end of Main Street and they lived on the top floor of the building. Does anyone remember this? I know the building is still there, or at least it was about 10 years ago when I last visited Brookville. Sometimes I long for the simple life of such a small town, but I know that the employment opportunities make it fairly unrealistic to live there. I agree that the "powers that be" seem to be happy to keep it status quo, and not let any new industry or businesses move in there. It's such a shame because it's such a beautiful part of the country and I know many people would enjoy it. Do they still have the Laurel Festival? My brother always raced in the soapbox derby. This was in the late 60's, early 70's. Love to hear anyone else's memories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania