U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-18-2010, 02:44 PM

983 posts, read 1,133,955 times

Advertisements

Wow, I just talked to one of my relatives from the Valley and told me about a knife point robbery in Selinsgrove last night, I heard crime was on the rise there but this stuff was unheard of back when I was in the area. These fine individuals described as the robbers are probably residents of Pine Ghetto. Can't say why the guy that was robbed was too smart either, carrying $700 in cash and they probably knew it so I'm calling this a inside job. Thought Sunbury was getting bad, now it's spreading over the Susquehanna.

Pedestrian assaulted and robbed in Selinsgrove News The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 PM

1,513 posts, read 4,562,318 times
The article doesn't say (or doesn't say clearly) if these people all knew each other, or if this was drug related. Don't assume the assailants were from Pine Meadow, as there are bad elements in other areas of the borough too. Pine Meadow will be college housing for SU within the year. I feel badly for the people who have lived there since it opened and now have to find housing somewhere else. I'm sure it will be difficult, although SU will be working to help them as they can. There are some very nice people who are just down in their luck in the complex. Not everyone is criminal.

There have been some other incidents recently of attacks on people walking in the borough. The police are very good at catching those responsible. Hopefully that will be the case here also.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM

12 posts, read 9,736 times
Dawne, I am new to city-data, I don't know if you received my last post. Question......if you were to live/buy a home in Selinsgrove, what area or development would you focus on? Keep in mind I have children between the ages of 9-11. Thanks for all the info you have been providing.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,562,318 times
Within the borough itself, I would focus on the areas around the high school and the western side and perhaps the extreme northern end of town in the numbered streets (8th, 9th, 10th Streets). I would stay away from the south end (some light industrial there) and the east end (flooding issues) and the Isle of Que (beautiful but major flooding issues). Once the university students are housed in Pine Meadow (as noted in the above posts) some nice areas should open up in the middle of the borough, where a lot of students are now renting homes.

Just outside the borough is Harris Estates (walking distance to the intermediate and middle schools). You could also look a bit further into Shamokin Dam and Hummels Wharf/Monroe Township. Still Selinsgrove schools but not right in the borough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania