Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst border state
New York 7 12.73%
New Jersey 26 47.27%
Maryland 2 3.64%
Delaware 0 0%
W. Virginia 10 18.18%
Ohio 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 AM

996 posts, read 1,057,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirlatheart View Post
This thread is amusing. Only seals the deal for me that I can't wait to get out of PA this spring. Been here 34 years too long.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,543,919 times
What I want to know is why the people who voted against New York hate New York? Do they hate the NYC part or the whole state?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
What I want to know is why the people who voted against New York hate New York? Do they hate the NYC part or the whole state?
CookieSkoon,

On this subject; I think that many of us “locals” did not was not NY’ers as a whole. We did not like the fast lane of the NYC’ers. Our pace was just a little slower. We tended to think of the city as the fast lane and we did not want any part of it.

However; that was years ago. Before we were taken over by the transplants that we sold our properties to - they were the only ones that would pay us top dollar. I don’t think that it is that important to us in NEPA today? I do suspect that there are still some small towns that don’t like the fast pace?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,114 times
[SIZE=3]You really want to say bordering states are corrupt lets take a look at your beloved Pennsylvania and how really corrupt our common wealth really is. The judicial system is owned by families, especially in Clearfield County. The Ammermon,s have held control for over 50 years. Judge Ammermon, Clearfield county PA was the father and his son was the district attorney any other judicial system would consider that a father and son trying cases together would violate the conflict of interest in cases but no Clearfield court railroaded and convicted many innocent people under this corrupt system. Now the son runs the system and has complete control over the public defenders office. Now let’s take a look at some other counties in PA. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Two corrupt Pennsylvania judges made millions in kickbacks by sentencing youths to private prison: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://www.subchat.com/otchat/read.asp?Id=414276[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://reason.com/blog/2009/09/03/corrupt-pennsylvania-judges-wi[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]PA’s Pigeon Shoot: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI8qxeyMcuQ[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Butler, Pa- "heroin Capital Of The USA": [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4xRbKm_n90[/SIZE]</SPAN>
[SIZE=3]This goes on and on I have lived in Philipsburg, PA off and on all my life. The people are rude, obnoxious and have no self-respect. Many perverts and drugs though. Just have a look at Sunny Slopes in Philipsburg PA. [/SIZE]

Old 08-27-2011, 05:52 PM

4 posts, read 4,118 times
There are a whole lot of people from Ohio working in Sharon and Hermitage Pa. Ohio has no jobs?

Old 08-28-2011, 05:56 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
There's also a whole lot of people from Sharon and Hermitage working in Warren and Youngstown............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania