U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,140 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live at the jersey shore and hubby can relocate to Hackettstown and surrounding areas. Can you please tell me your opinion on a nice place to live? I have 3 children, who are into sports. I would need to find a job also.
I appreciate your time! Looking for affordable real estate (aren't we all!)
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 05:16 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,938,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debarco View Post
Hi,
I live at the jersey shore and hubby can relocate to Hackettstown and surrounding areas. Can you please tell me your opinion on a nice place to live? I have 3 children, who are into sports. I would need to find a job also.
I appreciate your time! Looking for affordable real estate (aren't we all!)
Thank you!
My daughter lives in Hackettstown. It is a town that has stayed vibrant over the years. The shops are open and in business. It feels safe and friendly.
Homes in NJ are not cheap, and the taxes are not a picnic either.
But, now that the prices are coming down some you might find a nice ranch over by the hospital area. I am thinking of a sign I saw just last week on one. These however are not large ranches, but there are some with additions and that is good for expansion. They were running at $320,000........I am not sure now what the figure is for resale. Go on to the realtor.com site and see if you can bring some homes up. The one I am thinking of is on Hurley Drive just off of Cindy Ave. I think the prices should be down some and might even be in the higher 200 range. There is always sports....soccer, karate classes.....all the school things. There is a bus line that picks up on its way to NYC. Locally there is many new stores in the area. Home Depot,Lowes, Kohls, Walmart. Up by the trade zone in Budd Lake there is many, many, of the fashionable stores..........there also is a Home Goods nearby, Pier One, etc. It is an easy ride into the Ledgewood area. I am not sure what you would do for a job. But, there is a local paper up that way. There also is a few State Parks around with playgrounds.
Just looked up something.....There is an open house Sun July 22 2-4 for MLS 2392076 Which is a 4 bedroom/ 1 1/2 bath for 305,000 which is a good price for the size of it.
The other home on Hurley was only one bath and 3 bedrooms, but one being quite small. Anyhow.........hope this helps !!!

Last edited by Summering; 07-19-2007 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-21-2007, 09:43 AM
afl

2 posts, read 3,146 times
Hi,
Have you checked out Eastern PA? It's more tax friendly than NJ and is still quite close to Hackettstown (our papers even cover some items in Hackettstown). If you're interested in the Bethlehem area, please email me at allysonlysaght@juno.com. We have a townhome for sale, almost new construction and quite reasonable for the upgrades, etc. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania