U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 AM

32 posts, read 32,425 times
Thumbs down Pennsylvania's GOP Governor Lets Gas Industry Have Its Way With Public Parks

Looks like PA State lands and parks have been sold out by another politician w h o r e. Corbett

Quote:
Corbett’s support for the natural gas industry comes as no surprise; the oil, natural gas and mining industries contributed $1.5 million to his 2010 gubernatorial campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics.
And with largesse comes rewards. Corbett’s first appointment came in December, a month before taking office. He selected a man named C. Alan Walker to head the state’s Department of Community and Economic Development. Walker, who has contributed nearly $200,000 to Corbett political campaigns, is president and CEO of Bradford Energy Company and served as a member and past chairman of the board of directors of both the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry and the Pennsylvania Coal Association.
In addition to the appointment, Corbett granted Walker special power to “expedite any permit or action pending in any agency where the creation of jobs may be impacted.” With a stroke of his pen, Walker could render environmental regulations meaningless.

Pennsylvania's GOP Governor Lets Gas Industry Have Its Way With Public Parks - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20110419/cm_thenation/160038 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,573,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAwilds View Post
Looks like PA State lands and parks have been sold out by another politician w h o r e. Corbett

Pennsylvania's GOP Governor Lets Gas Industry Have Its Way With Public Parks - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20110419/cm_thenation/160038 - broken link)
i can't even get angry. it's just sad. everyone who knew better saw this coming and yet this evil SOB still got elected. i don't think there's ever been a politicians that was ever so obviously in someone's pocket before an election and yet still won.

i really think dan o-n-e-r-a-t-o ran the worst campaign ever. what a joke. i still just can't believe he won.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 AM

8,718 posts, read 7,184,030 times
PA has gone from Democrat to republican every eight years for over 40 years, onarato might have been Jesus and still lost. He ran a decidedly better campaign than lynn swann. the OP forgets to mention that Rendell also sold out state parks, leasing them left and right, then raiding the conservation budget to plug gaps and send money to his cronies. I don't like corbett's position on gas but I don't think he qualifies as evil which is a word I reserve for people like Dick Cheyney and Ghadafi. Irresponsible might be more accurate. Put pressure on your representative, the man is governor not dictator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania