Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,925 times

Advertisements

I am looking for help. My husband is relocating to West Chester. I am looking for a Catholic High School and Grade Schools, a great family community with community amenities such as pools, trails, etc. Price range on a home would be around 500k.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 07:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Sounds like you might want to look in West Bradford
or closer to Downingtown to be in close proximity of
Bishop Shannahan. Development has gone insane in that
area...you wont have any trouble at all finding something.
Those are only about 2-7 miles away from WC.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I agree ^. Downingtown school district which includes Chester Springs, Downingtown, Lionville and Thorndale is right next to West Chester and has the Catholic schools, pools and parks. Marsh Creek State park Pennsylvania State Parks - Marsh Creek - PA DCNR is very close. Shopping is very close. When we lived in Downingtown we attended church in West Chester and it was about a 15 minute drive at the most.

The town has a wonderful fourth of July celebration called Good neighbor day which is a huge small town festival that culimates in a firework display. Good Neighbor Day - Home We lived in Downingtown (well, just outside of town) twenty years ago but I still think of that celebration every fourth of July and if it wasn't for the traffic and the hour + drive, I think we would still go. Sprawl hit a long time ago but it's still a nice town.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:09 PM

3 posts, read 10,465 times
Default moving to WestChester under or around 500K

A house just sold in my neighborhood for 479900 and I know of others in West Chester. No problem, great area with parks, ice skating, recreation.
If you want new or newer you need to be in the 600 to 700K but I can find houses 400 to 580 , beautiful and convenient, no problem.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,208,904 times
Bishop Shanahan in Downingtown would be the closest Catholic high school to West Chester. The other option albeit a bit further, would be Archbishop Carroll which is in upscale Radnor Township.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 10,465 times
I am with you about Downingtown too. I "joke" all the time with friends and clients.....
What's better Downingtown or West Chester. I say, and they say, EQUAL.
The schools, the amenities, the housing, the countryside, the quality of life, the activities that are offered, the surrounding communities, the shopping, the proximity to great things to do........
What else can you say!
Both are great places to live!
West Chester and the surrounding townships, Downingtown and the surrounding townships,.....all could be "LUMPED" if you will, by west chester school district and downingtown school district.
Statistically speaking both are equal, lifestyle and convenience, both are equal.
Love to have your comments and observations.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:22 AM

274 posts, read 1,400,521 times
Relative has kids in Bishop Shanahan and St. Joseph grade school. They have all loved it. They live in Downingtown.
Closer to W.Chester proper, for Catholic grade schools you have St. Simon & Jude, St. Peter & Paul, St. Agnes and St. Maximillian Kolbe...all are pretty good schools...Simon & Jude might be the strongest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania