Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 11,296 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm new to the board but everyone here sounded so knowledgeable i figured this would be a good place to post a few questions. I currently live in NYC and was looking for a year round vacation place with the possibility of moving there in the future. I had been to Lake Wynonah in Shuykill County in the past and was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on it. It seemed like a nice community but looks can always be deceiving. Here are a few of my questions:
-What would be an average price for a house?
-What kind of resale value will the house have in the future?
-What are the average cost of taxes?
-Does it pay to move into the communtiy or should I look on the outside?

If anyone has any other comments I would be grateful to hear them. Thanks for any help you all can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 10,909 times
Thumbs up Lake Wynonah

The community is very nice. Usually quiet, no traffic other than residents and guests. Being away from the city lights means if you step outside at night you step out into a whole new shade of dark.

Enjoying the area can be a challenge. The drive to a supermarket is about 15 minutes but there are a few smaller markets close by that the locals use. There are some very good restaurants but finding them can be a challenge .

The community has boating and fishing on two private lakes. There are several picnic areas both lakeside and at the lodge. There is a pool and tennis courts.

I have listed some of my favorite local places at [url=http://sites.google.com/site/lakewynonahonline]The Main Gate (LakeWynonah.Online)[/url].

Old 05-29-2010, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 8,309 times
You honestly think $900 per year in dues is a lot of money for unlimited access to two private lakes and fabulous views of the Appalachians in the Northeast? Get real! Lake Wynonah is a community in transition, where you will find very upscale newer homes and buyers tearing down the old and replacing them with gorgeous homes. The community is rapidly moving from what has been a very middle class backwoods area to one where you will find wealthy retirees and vacationers. With the advent of a professional management company, the community is finally getting much needed upgrades and the assurance that property values will increase in the long run. If you are looking for a great getaway from NYC or Philadelphia, or a short commute to Allentown, Harrisburg or Reading, this is an area you should definitely put on your list.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,256 times
I and my family are thinking of moving from Colorado Springs to this area. What is the deal with the management? Do the residents here have any voting rights or say so? Please advise.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,791 times
Can anyone comment on how things are now? There are a lot of houses for sale there. Is the management co. still the same?
Have the lake and pool been repaired? Info please!

Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,915 times
Default Great Post

We are seriously considering moving to Lake Wynonah from NYC. I read something about the "dam being a high hazard" and that radon is a problem in the area. Can you tell me if the dam has been repaired and if radon mitigation would take care of the problem? Thank you. LS

Old 01-20-2016, 07:28 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS912 View Post
We are seriously considering moving to Lake Wynonah from NYC. I read something about the "dam being a high hazard" and that radon is a problem in the area. Can you tell me if the dam has been repaired and if radon mitigation would take care of the problem? Thank you. LS
ETS, Please start a new thread. This one is from 2007. Radon can be mitigated at usually not too high a cost. We had it in this house and it wasn't a hard fix. It's pretty common in Pennsylvania.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS912 View Post

Lake Wynonah is located in schuylkill county. Also referred as the Coal region. Schuylkill county is on a rapid decline. You have people that stay forever and work in the local factories or distribution centers. Others have left the area completely and some do the morning commute to the Lehigh valley for better wages. High school sports seems to be doing well in that area. You shouldn't have any problems finding a home in schuylkill county. Home sales in that area have a high turnover rate. Lake wynonah is nice but living in a gated community is not my cup of tea. I believe there are restrictions and rules to follow. Be careful if you decide to build a home and choose your builder wisely. Shortcuts, trickery and switch and bait is on the rise. Do your homework. Some of the homes are built poorly and the craftsmanship can be bottom of the barrel, cookie cutter. Best of luck.

Last edited by CR250; 03-11-2020 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-13-2020, 07:25 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR250 View Post
Best of luck.

You did see (hopefully) that this post was started in 2007....correct??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania