Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 AM

14,169 posts, read 22,592,446 times

Advertisements

All those kids caught on videotape are now documented for future employers to reject. Good job guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,124,029 times
I have some Questions .
Other than 2nd hand information , from another coach , who didn't call 911 is there some fact based information , that I do not see that tells us Paterno knew that children were being violated ?

This Coach Paterno ( I am not a collage football fan ) is a coach of grown men ( students over 18 ) Where did the little kids come from ?

What is the relationship between the young children and Paterno ? Did the parents trust Paterno with the welfare of small children ?

How is this Paternos fault ? Why does all of this come down on him ?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:24 AM

22,267 posts, read 47,198,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I have some Questions .
Other than 2nd hand information , from another coach , who didn't call 911 is there some fact based information , that I do not see that tells us Paterno knew that children were being violated ?

This Coach Paterno ( I am not a collage football fan ) is a coach of grown men ( students over 18 ) Where did the little kids come from ?

What is the relationship between the young children and Paterno ? Did the parents trust Paterno with the welfare of small children ?

Read the report...

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,124,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I didn't see where Paterno is the Devil here . It looks like he has nothing to do with this . He had nothing to do with the children .
How you folks somehow blame Paterno , I don't know .

Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 AM

180 posts, read 665,238 times
And here come the jokes:

No wonder I never saw Penn State's defense get called for too many men. Their defensive coordinator likes to keep them at 11 & under!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 AM

217 posts, read 306,905 times
Quote:
I have some Questions .

For starters, Paterno was the man in charge, and after 2002 when your GA, a 28 year old man, former starting QB, told him that he watched A former coach butt**** a 10 yr old in Penn State locker room, he not only didn't call the police but, According to Paul Puzluzney, asked his footbal players to volunter at Sandusky's camp in 2003 and 2004! He was then given an office, keys and was a part of the program until last week!

Those actions alone are enough to fire the man.

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BBC99; 11-10-2011 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: cause

Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 AM

217 posts, read 306,905 times
Quote:
I didn't see where Paterno is the Devil here . It looks like he has nothing to do with this . He had nothing to do with the children .
How you folks somehow blame Paterno , I don't know .
For starters, Paterno was the man in charge, and after 2002 when your GA, a 28 year old man, former starting QB, told him that he watched A former coach butt**** a 10 yr old in Penn State locker room, he not only didn't call the police but, According to Paul Puzluzney, asked his footbal players to volunter at Sandusky's camp in 2003 and 2004! He was then given an office, keys and was a part of the program until last week!

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BBC99; 11-10-2011 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: casue

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM

443 posts, read 597,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC99 View Post

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed. I can't believe people will stick up for this man. He knew horrible crimes happened in the place where he had responsibilty for and did nothing to stop it. That is sick.

I am a PSU grad, and am devistated even as an Alumni that these happened on the institution I so proudly say I was a part of. If I knew somebody was raping children in my engineering lab at night I would do everything in my power to stop it even if it meant I would be kicked out of school.

Joe put his career and his powerhouse of PSU football ahead of morality and humanity. Now as a father I see that PSU football, even though it is huge, is not bigger than the lives of children. How does one look the other way when it was so obvious what Sandusky was doing to children. "Oh, that is just Jerry. He likes showering with kids, hanging out with them at all times, and having sex with them. Oh well. Here Jerry, here are keys to the buildings. Come in here, use it with your children friends, get showers with them, and you have free reign to the university buildings"

Glad he is fired. I am ashamed to be a PSU grad this week. This is a big black hole in the PSU history and going to keep a mark for decades to come. I will say that I never cared about college football. Even when I went to school there. I was one of the very few that didn't go to games or care about a football team. I wanted my degree and get out of Happy Valley. I also peed in Joe Paterno's bushes all the time when I walked home after partying. It was my place I emptied my bladder full of beer before walking on the bike path back up to my apartment. Use to feel shame about it, now I feel proud about it.

Last edited by KingKrab; 11-10-2011 at 08:24 AM..

Old 11-10-2011, 08:32 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,693,226 times
Still kind of shocked by the board decision, but I'm sure they have access to more info than the rest of us. One disturbing thing I heard come out yesterday is this talk of the death penalty for PSU's football team. To me it is ridiculous even to bring this up. This scandal has nothing to do with the team itself and everything to do with the staff. Punishing dozens of athletes for something they had nothing to do with would an absolute disgrace. Fire the whole coaching staff if that is what is necessary, but don't destroy the lives of students just to try and compensate for the failure of others.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,517,935 times
Yes--I understand from reading other stories that the mother of one young boy told police and allowed them to tape two conversations with Sandusky where he admitted to taking shower with her son and also refused to promise her that he would stop showering with young boys...

Is there any news account or online source that gives a time line for the history of what is known so far about this story???
I read on-line last night an article about the 98 investigation where the prosecuting attorney involved subsequently went missing under very mysterious/suspicious circumstances with his laptop sans hard drive discovered in a river....
It seems that there are all sorts of red flags to anyone who is really investigating Sandusky's behavior and the actions of those in authority who were party to those allegations that something was fishy about this entire process...
I would like to get some time of long-term overview--
from what I know about sexual predators they rarely start this behavior when they are in their 50-60s--
If Sandusky is true to his mental illness he started being a predator much earlier--and probably even was drawn to sports because it allowed him to interact legitimately with boys in his target zone...
Hearing that he has 6 adopted children I would not surprise me if some of those were also abused or his foster children...
this man is a great white who was just creating his own feeding source...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania