Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,940,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
it should have been done, but we need to put ourselves in his shoes and would we have been able to turn in a valued friend and co worker to the police???
If someone I knew was buggering a 10 year old little boy in a shower stall...I'd call the police....After I blew his head off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:37 PM

885 posts, read 1,515,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusqueHappy View Post
I ADMIRE Joe Paterno for his PROMPT and DIRECT retirement and statement.
Apparently I misunderstood the earlier announcement and I'm DISMAYED that Paterno did not retire/resign immediately and I support the trustee's decision to REMOVE him.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,660,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusqueHappy View Post
The 'stakes' in this case were also the blossoming careers of the staff and the players; in environments like this it's a very difficult set of pressures.

I ADMIRE Joe Paterno for his PROMPT and DIRECT retirement and statement.

More than anything, the end of this situation is worth the cost.

Paterno's legacy as a great coach and a decent man will live on, I believe.
A "decent man"?? Are you serious? His actions proved that there is nothing "decent" about him. And there is nothing about the man to admire. Screw him...I hope he rots.

I'm disgusted by the actions of all involved and pretty damn ashamed to be among PSU's alumni right now.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're right; it was some other coach and I can't think of who.

I can think of another Ohio State coach who was recently fired. A fellow by the name of Jim Tressel. It wasn't for sex abuse but recruiting violations. Some years back another coach who won a National Title was also fired. I am refering to Jackie Sherrill at Pitt.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,349,571 times
What is reallly disturbing is that Penn State students actually go demonstrate, in mass, for support of Paterno and their gods of footballs. They ignore the real issue that children have been assaulted and aided by the slime like Paterno. Yet these same students will demonstrate and voice their arrogant self righteous opinions against all other problems of society, as long as they can be proudly viewed as part of a liberal group.

Shame on these students of Penn State.

Livecontent

Old 11-09-2011, 10:44 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,683,933 times
Coach Paterno and President Spanier have both been fired:
PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,210,012 times
And RIOTING started around midnight. Live coverage on ESPN!
TV news truck overturned, windows smashed on buildings & cars, 3 arrests so far.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,940,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
And RIOTING started around midnight. Live coverage on ESPN!
TV news truck overturned, windows smashed on buildings & cars, 3 arrests so far.
Ah Christ, are you serious?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:16 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,268,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Ah Christ, are you serious?
Plenty of good interviews with the students to watch...

Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,448,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Some years back another coach who won a National Title was also fired. I am refering to Jackie Sherrill at Pitt.

Jackie Sherrill never won a NC.

and pitt didn't fire him...

regarding joe paterno, i'm sick of the cult-like psu fans saying 'he did what he was supposed to do' 'he made one mistake'

he made the mistake over and over and over. he didn't do what he was supposed to do.

sandusky still had access, keys, an office at psu until LAST WEEKEND. obviously there were a slew of people, including joe paterno, who knew what he was about.

stay tuned, from what i've read even more disturbing reports will be coming out in the next few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania