Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
On topic please. There are other forum to discuss religion and homosexuality. This is not one of them.
Wanneroo and Hopes, was the Saturday night debate televised in other areas of the country, or was this just a little 'primary special' for NH? George Mr. Stephanopoulos (and to a lesser extent, Diane Sawyer) showed ignorance and bias, repeatedly asking the candidates questions about nonexistent initiatives on contraception, and what you might say to gay friends who are sitting in your living room. The worst moderation I've seen, and was proud of our local WMUR-reporter, who at least asked intelligent questions...

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: removed mod comment - use the DM feature please

Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post

Wanneroo and Hopes, was the Saturday night debate televised in other areas of the country, or was this just a little 'primary special' for NH? George Mr. Stephanopoulos (and to a lesser extent, Diane Sawyer) showed ignorance and bias, repeatedly asking the candidates questions about nonexistent initiatives on contraception, and what you might say to gay friends who are sitting in your living room. The worst moderation I've seen, and was proud of our local WMUR-reporter, who at least asked intelligent questions...
Yes it was televised nationally. George Step.. is just a old democratic party hack and he showed his true colors.

There is a movement to stop these debates run and moderated by a bunch of democratic PR hacks. It was an absolutely pointless debate on ABC.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: removed previously deleted quote

Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
On topic please. There are other forum to discuss religion and homosexuality. This is not one of them.
Isn't Santorum's entire political platform based around religion and homosexuality?

Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
There's a huge difference between discussing a politicians stance on gay rights and discussing being gay. The former is on-topic, the latter is not.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Apology if this topic has already been raised, but I'm looking for some input from the people who've seen Santorum at work. You may know that we in NH have a little primary vote on Tuesday, and any honest subjective opinion is appreciated.

There is so much trash-talk going on, near constant TV ads, phone calls, etc. Debates only show how well the candidates are able to 'push back' when attacked, and I've heard all the sound bites, heard all the wonderful things he's accomplished in PA. Now I'd like some opinions from 'we the people', you who live in Pennsylvania. Thanks in advance

Overall what is your impression of Santorum? Do you think he did a good job for the people of Penn? Do you think he'll make a good president? I'm a firm believer that past performance is a good indication of future performance, so please jump in. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
He got blown out in a landslide the last time that he ran......Now what does that tell you?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
He wasn't entitled to it according to Pennsylvania law. You can't just own property in a school district. Your children literally have to live in a school district to attend schools here in Pennsylvania. So, it was against the law. He wasn't entitled to it. Other sentators of other states would depend on their state education laws. He was charged for it. It was simply settled out of court. The school district was happy to get its money regardless of where it came from. But taxpayers have a right to be upset. There is no good reason that taxpayers of all school districts should have picked up the tab for educating one person's children at a single school district. As further proof that he wasn't entitled to it, he wasn't permitted to continue with his children being enrolled in the cyber school. He had to find another way to homeschool his children in Virginia.

Gettum Hopes!! Set the record straight

Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,674,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He got blown out in a landslide the last time that he ran......Now what does that tell you?
That was pretty much what I was going to say.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
I'll never be able to wear sweater vests again.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
As fast as you could? He served for 16 years.

I haven't seen him disrespecting anyone, he merely has an opinion on how he chooses to live his family life.

I think we all have the right and freedom to choose who we want or don't want in our lives and because you do not support the gay lifestyle doesn't mean you are homophobic.

And in recent times much of what he says is taken out of context in order to drive a leftist agenda:

Santorum | Dan Savage | The deceit of Dan Savage | The Daily Caller
It is not just gays that he has a probelm with either, he is out of touch with reality
NAACP Slams Santorum for Remarks About Blacks - Naureen

Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
He appears to be getting blown out of NH also.. Currently running 5th, 1 percentage point behind Gingrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania