U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 18,971 times

Advertisements

OMG just got through, yeah, dial 570-496-2332 now wish me luck. I got this recording earlier and held until the office closed and then it said good bye. It is 6:33PM Wednesday
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 18,971 times
WTH......just told me my wait time is 1 hour and 25 minutes I hope my phone holds a charge that long, my mortgage company will never believe me.......

Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM

23 posts, read 62,086 times
I finally got a call back from them, thanks to my rep's office. It still took three days.

WGAL in Lancaster just did a piece on the noon news about this, because they were apparently getting a lot of contact about the problem. They said, as has been said before, that this is the busiest time of year. UC answered 77,000 of 90,000 calls last week.

One tip they gave: If you get a busy signal, don't redial. Try again later. (I tried that. For a MONTH. Didn't work.)

Also, file online if you can. (So what happens when you do file online and it tells you you still have to call??). And if you do get through and have to sit on hold, stay on hold instead of leaving a number for a recall. If you're on hold, they ARE going to get to you eventually.

There is no "good" time to call. The reporter said they were telling people to call early in the morning, but that isn't even working. UC did add 450 new positions and an overflow call center, so hopefully the worst is over.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM

23 posts, read 20,910 times
It took my son almost 2 months to get his first check. He too could,'t get through their phone lines. It is best not to call the 800 number but instead the unemployment offices main number in your city. That was how my son got things resolved but they did have weeks of backlog claims and yes questions.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM

23 posts, read 62,086 times
The irony of the fact that the unemployment commission is understaffed...

Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,705 times
Default call scranton office!

I had success calling the Scranton office. (570-496-2332) When you call, it says dial an extension. Just hang on the line and wait for options. Then hit "5" to speak with a representative. The wait time was approximately 35-45 minutes. Be ready with a list of questions and record what the rep says. Sometimes they are rude and just want to get you off the phone, so it's best to have everything ready in front of you. (letters, notices, etc.) I spoke to approx 4 people there and my claim finally went through. DO NOT let them refer you to another office. They all have the same access to your info. If the judicator (the one who reviews your claim) is located at another office, ask to speak with a supervisor.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM

38 posts, read 105,767 times
My wife always had luck calling the Indiana office. We could never get through to Lancaster. Someone told my wife that they only have a couple people handling calls there.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 948 times
I have been waiting for almost 2 months, i've put in 4 bi weekly claims and my lot rent is due, and i'm gonna get evicted, my child support is due, i've been applying for jobs but my internet and phone is about to get cut off. I tried calling UA but the phone number is alway busy. I called Tom Corbette's office and the girl just directed me to a labor and industry line and no one was there and it was only 8:20, they open at 8am. So can anyone who's been elected tell me what the hell is goning on? Get a second phone line, you guys recieve so much money from residents. I guess I know who I am not voting for next election Govenor Corbette.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM

94 posts, read 356,691 times
I've heard that going to the local Career Link and using their line is less of a hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania