Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Did you even read that story? I think not.

Nowhere does it say the university was selling tickets to the memorial. The university gave the tickets away online and via phone.

The university did not sell tickets.

Let me quote it for you, so you might see it again in black and white:

and

and

and

The only thing "wrong" here, aside from the greed and callousness of people who received free tickets and tried to profit from them, is your interpretation of this news report.

That is exactly what I said....once again...I got up Monday morning and the news stated that the college was selling tickets to his memorial...and I was fuming...later to find out, it wasn't the college selling tickets, but money mongers selling them....and I stated that? adding, that the news media reported it all wrong...and I wasn't wrong, others here where I live heard them say that to...but they soon changed they're tune...they reported that at 5 a.m. in the morning, but then changed they're report, which many of us didn't hear the change, until we started reading the news online, but they absolutely did report that first thing Monday morning, as others whom I work with heard the same report...we were discussing it, and later laughed at how the news got it wrong, AGAIN.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Now wait a minute ... Now you're telling me all along that you knew the tickets were free, when every post you've made in this thread says otherwise.

You provide us with a link that you say proves that the university was selling tickets, yet that link clearly states the university was giving the tickets away.

Whatever. I'm done. You think what you like, however incorrect it may be.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
please go back and read reply #7
I said, "I didn't know that!!!!" It couldn't be plainer...after that response, we started discussing it at work...AND REPLY #17.

THE COLLEGE WAS NOT SELLING TICKETS TO THE MEMORIAL, BUT PEOPLE BOUGHT UP LOTS OF TICKETS AND WERE SELLING THEM ON E-BAY AND OTHERS...HOWEVER, THE 5 A.M. ACTION NEWS REPORTS WAS "TICKETS WERE BEING SOLD BY THE COLLEGE FOR THE MEMORIAL".

i'm done here...don't know why there is always someone who wants to get nasty?

It's so worth it to be right, you will stop at nothing to devalue someone, which includes not reading all the comments????????

Really? Seriously? Is it worth it to be that contrary? That argumentative?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
Norris J. Chumley, Ph.D.: Is the Media Whitewashing Joe Paterno?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Yeah, after they tarred and feathered him. It's like a firefighter setting a house on fire just so he has somebody to rescue.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
There was no determination as to who got tickets...it was first come, first served.

More than 10,000 tickets for Paterno memorial go in 7 minutes; eBay yanks auctions - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/overwhelming-demand-for-tickets-exhausts-supply-for-paterno-memorial-at-campus-arena/2012/01/24/gIQA36wdNQ_story.html - broken link)
One can only speculate whether those dispensing the "tickets" would have taken note and instituted counter-measures if any of Phelps' lackeys had shown up.

Phelps' "rationale" is one of the most insentive and contradictory yet publicized by our media-oversaturated environemnt. And as much as I have to argue for the rule of law -- there is a strong case for a couple of voung veterans taking the garbage into a back alley with a set or two of brass knuckles.

That alternative really isn't the answer, of course; but our bloated, constipated, over-sensitized bureaucratic state hasn't come up wih a better answer -- and they've had several years to examine the issue.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:44 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Yeah, after they tarred and feathered him. It's like a firefighter setting a house on fire just so he has somebody to rescue.
The low point of the politically Correct Orgy has been reached; a man's reputation was sullied (apparently not too badly) for failure to meet the "standards" cooked up in LeftyLooneyLand,

eighty years of a tradition that didn't meet the standards of the Nanny-State has been mutilated to the point that it is unlikely ever to be reivved,

and the people behind the hatchet job are congratulating themselves -- for now.

But there is no possible way to take things any lower -- those of us who never joined the mob are going to keep reminding you that this is the Sandusky scandal -- not the "Penn State scandal" foisted on us by a gang of wannabees.

We have all the time in the world, and like Coach Paterno's team, I hope we'll play fair, but play rough; "cheap shots' are more in the line of the gang on the other side of the fence.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,418,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
One can only speculate whether those dispensing the "tickets" would have taken note and instituted counter-measures if any of Phelps' lackeys had shown up.
Funny, in all the coverage of JoePa's funeral/memorial in my area (outside of Philadelphia), I never heard any mention of the Wellsboro Baptist Church crowd showing up.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
That's just precious.

Poor Joe, unfairly accused, tarred and feathered.....and now you are attacking people condemning the program that created the environment in other threads.

Enjoy the PSU death penalty, if the NCAA is seeing posts like yours you are helping.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,740 times
in his defense that was in january.

where nobody (except everyone who didn't own a joe paturno cardboard cutout and signed mini-football) knew he was such a disgusting, immoral criminal yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania