U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 AM

14,426 posts, read 8,491,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
He seems to be doing very well in the primary polls here, so I guess the Republicans you know are in the extreme minority. Next time they say they're embarrassed, cite a recent poll and ask why so few of their fellow republicans in PA feel the same.
Perhaps the Republicans I know don't feel the need kowtow to party lines and their fellow brethren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Santorum seems to be getting some sort of media-craze-induced bump, and clearly some PA Republicans are becoming enamored by his PA "roots."

However, once the general election rolls around -- assuming, by some twisted and disturbing fate, Santorum actually locks up the nomination -- Pennsylvanians will once again be reminded why this man doesn't belong in public office.
^^^This.

Why anyone would want someone like Santorum in office, in America no less, makes NO sense to me.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 AM

210 posts, read 175,715 times
On a more serious note. I think the the thing that bothers me the most about Santorum and Christians of his ilk, is that they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Santorum is quoted as saying about the poor, "suffering is part of life, it is an essential part of life" this directly contradicts the teachings of Christ.

Santorum and his followers use religion as a way to push an agenda, they don't care about the actual teachings of Christ. In many ways Santorum and the radical right are not much different than the radical Muslims that they tell us to be afraid of and to condemn.

I go to church with my family most every Sunday. It pains me to see politicians and radical Christians pervert the true message of Christ.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 PM

254 posts, read 41,092 times
Rick Santorum is the biggest embarrassment from Pennsylvania. If he gets the nomination I will very happily vote against him.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,073,516 times
Any GOP candidate will get at least 45% of the vote even if it's Santorum. People who disagree with his social agenda will vote for him in spite of it just to get rid of Obama. That's an unfortunate result of our ridiculous two party system.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:16 PM

25,135 posts, read 30,803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Pennsylvanians will once again be reminded why this man doesn't belong in public office.
Amen to that.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM

16 posts, read 13,595 times
(Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum told Puerto Ricans on Wednesday they would have to make English their primary language if they want to pursue U.S. statehood, a statement at odds with the U.S. Constitution.

more: Santorum to Puerto Rico: Speak English if you want statehood | Reuters

Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barciur View Post
(Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum told Puerto Ricans on Wednesday they would have to make English their primary language if they want to pursue U.S. statehood, a statement at odds with the U.S. Constitution.

I'll see your smack and raise you five. Seriously, WHAT is with this guy?!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:21 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,628,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
A couple days ago a PPP poll of Pennsylvanians had him up 17 points over Romney here and losing to Obama 48-46. Today a quinnipiac poll came out showing Santorum up 14 points on Romney in the GOP primary and one point behind Obama, 46-45. Santorum does considerably better against Obama in PA than Romney does, despite the big money disadvantage he has. Say what you will about Santorum, but he has run an impressive campaign. I still think Romney pulls it out, but Santorum has made a decent comeback after his big loss back in 2006.

Poll: Santorum Leads Romney 36-22 in Pa | PoliticsPA
This is a joke right? Santorum is an embarrassment to pa.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM

3,551 posts, read 3,242,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barciur View Post

Wow, obviously doesn't understand the idea of states rights or that these people are already American citizens and have been for generations. Founding father's welcomed the idea of states with other official languages than English, like Louisiana has, and they just had to accept America's founding enlightenment ideals of republican democracy and the already set out division of powers between states and the federal government. After all, they formally invited Quebec to be the 14th founding colony during the revolution. What they DIDN'T like was the idea of empires, you know, what America decided to be when it annexed Puerto Rico, the Phillipines, Haiti, Guam, and all those other places. If Puerto Ricans want to be a state they should be allowed to, if just to get back to what America's supposed to be and right a historical wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania