U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 AM

10,579 posts, read 4,482,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
People are ignoring the role the board ---or at least some od the board members--- had in all this. I am certain that some of them had to have had some concerns about Sandusky because of the way he was so blatant in bringing his trophy boys to PSU games. They saw and heard about his activities---they won't admit it but many of them had to have had misgivings about how inappropriate it was to have that intense relationship with young boys.

I wonder what his pastor is thinking...
Historically the rich and privileged have been getting away with this stuff for centuries. Take some judges who go easy on such offenders. Judges with the best educations -who attended private schools where sodomizing some one was a right of dominance and title. Look at the laws and policy regarding warfare that are put in place by Canadian elite..during the Afghan misadventure. For public consumption the media kept going of about woman's rights in AFGHANISTAN in order to snare the heart strings of liberals- The mantra of "so a little girl could go to school" was repeated over and over again along with "so democracy can be established"

Yet instructions were given to Canadian military to turn a blind eye to the traditional and perverse sodomizing of young male children. Reports came out of kids wandering about with their bowels hanging out. These horrific reports were quickly quashed and buried by the media.

The powerful and perverse look at common children as worthless and in some cases to be used for their strange amusements and sick needs. I am sure all of the youth in this scandal were not of the privileged class but average and poor kids from families with little power and clout.

The fact is this man who committed these acts actually thought he was so high up that boys he ruined and their families were just common chumps that were of little consequence..People who Sandusky figured where like helpless sheep with no teeth..who could do little in the way of retribution- and he was right...until it became so scandalous that Sandusky's peers had to finally sell him out or they themselves would be found guilty of complicity.

This went so long before being addressed because all involved thought they were above common law..and common people- If they thought that they would never be exposed they would have let it go on forever. Much like the arrogant and elitist members of the Catholic Church who believed they were like a corporation that was to big to fail...well in time it just gets so outrageous that it must be addressed and demons are forced to sacrifice other demons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:46 PM

122 posts, read 21,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Ummm...no he's not. I haven't (until this came out) thought Penn state and Jerry Sandusky. until this I might have known the name but not what role he played. (not a football fan really) However, living close to the Mont Alto Campus, I know the school well. I know what GOOD it does.

My kids have benefited from the hospital
Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine

and the Life Lion
Life Lion Critical Care - Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine
He IS PSU. The first thing most people think about now, when PSU is mentioned, is diddling little boys. Just like the catholic church. An entire institution built on pedophilia. At least as far as public perception is concerned.

Burn it down, salt the ground.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM

1,606 posts, read 734,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5e3deluxe View Post
He IS PSU. The first thing most people think about now, when PSU is mentioned, is diddling little boys. Just like the catholic church. An entire institution built on pedophilia. At least as far as public perception is concerned.

You know, that's old...and I'm sorry if it's what YOU think of. You seem to be stuck on that. Guess what, there are lots of us that don't think of PSU and Jerry Sandusky
There were what 11 guys/kids we know of, that he messed with? And probably at least that we don't know of.. I'll grant you
However, go talk to all the parents of all the kids that have been in the Peds unit of the research hospital that PSU helps to fund..see how they feel.
I can tell you there's a hell of a lot more kids that have been saved because of that unit than the ones that Jerry Sandusky got a hold of.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,104,093 times
HOORAY !!!!!

Justice has been serviced !!!!

May Mr Penn State meet a nice 6'7 and 385 tickle monster in the State Pen.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM

122 posts, read 21,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
You know, that's old...and I'm sorry if it's what YOU think of. You seem to be stuck on that. Guess what, there are lots of us that don't think of PSU and Jerry Sandusky
There were what 11 guys/kids we know of, that he messed with? And probably at least that we don't know of.. I'll grant you
However, go talk to all the parents of all the kids that have been in the Peds unit of the research hospital that PSU helps to fund..see how they feel.
I can tell you there's a hell of a lot more kids that have been saved because of that unit than the ones that Jerry Sandusky got a hold of.
Sure, you blind, sorry people who still worship JoePa don't think Sandusky was even guilty, you're outraged at the verdict. The rest of the nation thinks of PSU as Pedo U.

Live with that.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 AM

3,539 posts, read 1,398,733 times
Quote:
Yes, I can, I do. I get my answers from my own moral compass. Some things are beyond the pale, beyond redemption.

You are no more moral that a white Southern Belle who would automatically advocate the execution (or lynching, or burning) of any black man accused of rape; thank you for identifying your moral "grounding".

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-26-2012 at 12:50 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 AM

1,606 posts, read 734,844 times
Quote:
Sure, you blind, sorry people who still worship JoePa don't think Sandusky was even guilty, you're outraged at the verdict. The rest of the nation thinks of PSU as Pedo U.

Live with that.
ummm yeah, okay whatever...do you even READ what anyone writes? Run along now, the adults are talking

Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 AM

14,258 posts, read 8,190,072 times
Quote:

Live with that.
What are you talking about?!

I have seen not one person defend Sandusky or believe he is not guilty. Nor have I encountered anyone outraged with this verdict.

Speak for yourself - I know plenty of people (inside and outside of PSU) who are disgusted with Sandusky AND who understand he does not represent the entirety of PSU.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,232,755 times
I am glad they found him guilty and that he never see the light of day. Now its time for the investigation to continue into the Penn State coverup. Jerry could have been rotting in jail for a long time now and many victims could have been spared if some people put the welfare of children above football, the PSU good ol boys network, and $$$$$.

Yet the PSU football cult members will still chant "WE ARE," when the reality is that Penn State should suffer severe athletic repercussions. Many other NCAA schools have suffered the death penalty for far lesser and victimless crimes. See SMU. Time to disband the football program for a while, let the players transfer with no penalties, and clean up this mess. I know that this suggestion will be an outrage to the PSU football cultists out there, but its time to do what's right. Some things (most things, actually) are more important than football.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenkaye View Post
After so many missed opportunities to bring this multiple decades long situation to light, McQueary certainly could have blown this thing wide open. most certainly, that little 10-year-old who was being sodomized while being pinned up against the wall could have been found and helped. my fear is that since he's never been located, the emotional devastation of this abuse has led to suicide.

it just makes me sick that mcqueary heard 'sex sounds/skin on skin' and he did NOTHING. sandusky is a hulkish, hellish-looking brute. imagine the brutal velocity of such an act on a 10-year-old, such that sounds readily identifying the act were discerned.

mcquery was looking out for #1, himself.
karen
The Penn State good ol boys, Jesus Paterno included, knew about Sandusky long before McQueary walked in on him in that shower. Do you think its a coincidence that Sandusky "retired" in 1999, despite previously being considered the heir apparent to Paterno? And that he never ended up coaching anywhere else (except of course at a local school where he could recruit more victims). I think a LOT of people knew about him, yet they decided to turn a blind eye to save the football cash cow. Sandusky even continued bringing young boys around the campus and athletic facilites after his "retirement."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania