Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:58 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times

Advertisements

The Shame on the Football Culture is now being displayed to the rest of the nation. The NCAA had acted and should have added more punishment to a University that has lost sight that football games is not the main function of a University.

Paterno is now being swept into history and perhaps now is sweeping the streets of Hades because of his disgusting crimes against children.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Appears to me looking over some of your previous posts on football your motivation is to see football punished. One sample of many, bold is mine:

This is a bad enough situation as it is but people using it as a conduit to further their own agenda are just as disgusting.

It matters not what you say and what I have said. It matters what Paterno and the Football Culture has done; and Penn State proves, beyond doubt, the depravity of extreme football admiration and their gods above reasonable moral behavior.

Thank You for bringing up one of my great statements. Your defense of this culture is ridiculous. Very simply said!

Livecontent

Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM

429 posts, read 654,240 times
I personally am getting sick of people judging us fellow Penn State Alumni from far reaches of this country that have probably never even been to State College or set foot on the Penn State Campus. The ones who are on here standing on some moral podium judging all of the fine Alumni, Researchers, and professors that did nothing to provoke this massive scandal that has happened. The ones who have the audacity to try to blame a freshman kid that paints his face blue and white, and goes to Beaver stadium to shout "We are Penn State" for the act of allowing child molestation. This annoying and obnoxious grandstanding of moral superiority is starting to get to me.

I am appalled by Paterno, Curley, and Spanier. I was never a big football fan when I went to school there. However, I am not going to point blame to PSU football fans as there are fans in every college, every city with NFL teams, and so forth. The issue here isn't the kids who were fanatical about their school's football team. It was the four men who hid this from their fans in fear of producing termoil that would melt their team's reputation. Which sickens me as well. But quit standing on your moral pedestal judging people.

SPSGUY

Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
I fully agree.

It will take decades for PSU to live down what indigent and asinine worshipers of a game at PSU yelled at the top of their lungs " We Are Penn State " because it is now " We Are Ped State".

The true hero's of any institution of higher learning are the professors and support staff within the halls, not the athletic department no matter how large and glamorous.

The suffering of those caught in the crossfire will continue for years.

The reality for the rest of PSU is as disgusting as the monster that created that reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
It matters not what you say and what I have said. It matters what Paterno and the Football Culture has done; and Penn State proves, beyond doubt, the depravity of extreme football admiration and their gods above reasonable moral behavior.

Thank You for bringing up one of my great statements. Your defense of this culture is ridiculous. Very simply said!

Livecontent

Old 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM

Well, you will have to live with the judgement of others because the NCAA official has stood on a pedestal, this morning, and judged; it fined Penn State and restricted the football activities based on perpetuating a "football first" culture. The NCAA certainly does not have an agenda of being against football because their whole existence is based on sports.

In addition, many professors, students and administrators have questioned the extreme football culture and were put down and denied a voice. Padding Grades; ignoring bad behavior of athletes; giving precedent to athletes over more deserving students--it has all been done at Penn State and all the other fanatical football universities. I have heard these people complain when I visited Penn State, many years ago, when Paterno was a sprouting god and the culture continued.

Livecontent

Old 07-23-2012, 02:19 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Appears to me looking over some of your previous posts on football your motivation is to see football punished. One sample of many, bold is mine:

This is a bad enough situation as it is but people using it as a conduit to further their own agenda are just as disgusting.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Many who question the extreme football culture will get a first hand look at what happens to a school when it has their football program unfairly punished and taken down. Penn State is going to suffer across every area of its academic and sports programs, educational staff, students, local businesses. Students in particular are going to be negatively affected.
The NCAA is already being put into the crosshairs and being questioned for going too far and other schools may act to set limitations on just what they will allow them to impose on them.
I believe that the NCAA was grandstanding on this and will later go back and revise their decision " in the interest of fairness" when public interest in the case settles down.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Many who question the extreme football culture will get a first hand look at what happens to a school when it has their football program unfairly punished and taken down. Penn State is going to suffer across every area of its academic and sports programs, educational staff, students, local businesses. Students in particular are going to be negatively affected.
There are plenty of fine successful universities in this country that do just fine without making any significant money from athletic programs. Look at the PA state system of universities, the education you can get at say, Bloomsburg or Millersville, is just as much of a quality education as a PSU education, with lower tuition. And while those Div-II schools do have athletics, my guess is that they do not make any significant revenue from them, in fact, they probably cost the schools money. So to say that a university will suffer unless they're raking in ungodly amounts of money from sports is false.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The NCAA is already being put into the crosshairs and being questioned for going too far and other schools may act to set limitations on just what they will allow them to impose on them.
I believe that the NCAA was grandstanding on this and will later go back and revise their decision " in the interest of fairness" when public interest in the case settles down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
There are plenty of fine successful universities in this country that do just fine without making any significant money from athletic programs. Look at the PA state system of universities, the education you can get at say, Bloomsburg or Millersville, is just as much of a quality education as a PSU education, with lower tuition. And while those Div-II schools do have athletics, my guess is that they do not make any significant revenue from them, in fact, they probably cost the schools money. So to say that a university will suffer unless they're raking in ungodly amounts of money from sports is false.
Exactly! Look at this list of Nobel Prize winners by university. How many big football powers are on there?

List of Nobel laureates by university affiliation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 AM

955 posts, read 4,089,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
i fully agree.

It will take decades for psu to live down what indigent and asinine worshipers of a game at psu yelled at the top of their lungs " we are penn state " because it is now " we are ped state".

The true hero's of any institution of higher learning are the professors and support staff within the halls, not the athletic department no matter how large and glamorous.

The suffering of those caught in the crossfire will continue for years.

The reality for the rest of psu is as disgusting as the monster that created that reality.

we are penn state !!!
we are penn state !!!
we are penn state !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania