Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,740 times

Advertisements

once again, the saints weren't the cause of katrina. the saints weren't the reason so many people suffered. the comparison is irrelevant because there is no real comparison.

in this case, psu football WAS the reason these poor young children suffered. the hammer should drop and drop hard on the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
As a lifelong Saints fan, it's clear you know absolutely nothing about New Orleans, the Saints' history, and how the renewed success of the Saints ACTUALLY DID help reunite the community.

So please shove it.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
once again, the saints weren't the cause of katrina. the saints weren't the reason so many people suffered. the comparison is irrelevant because there is no real comparison.

in this case, psu football WAS the reason these poor young children suffered. the hammer should drop and drop hard on the program.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
As a lifelong Saints fan, it's clear you know absolutely nothing about New Orleans, the Saints' history, and how the renewed success of the Saints ACTUALLY DID help reunite the community.

So please shove it.
He's the same person who thinks that 12,702,379 (and growing) people are defined as hicks because they happen to live within a political boundary, so take his opinions for what they're worth.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
I don't think a comparison to the Saints is very favorable considering their recent history of bounty hunting.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,098,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But the calls for them to suspend football at Penn State are assinine and won't happen. You can't punish an entire school for the actions of a few.
You sure as hell can! Many programs have been sanctioned for doing much less!

Will PSU do the honorable thing & sanction themselves....or cowardly wait for the NCAA to step in?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
FISCHER: Penn State needs the death penalty to move on - CBSSports.com

Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I was raped and molested for 2 years before I had enough courage not to believe my molesters lies about him killing my mother if I told anyone.

You are too nonchalant about you being molested for it to have happened to you.
I've known many that have been molested and other than you being in complete denial about it happening your post smacks of being a lie.

I'm very well adjusted and have been for years but anyone that has been sexually molested and in their right mind would NEVER EVER be as flip and callous about this as you are.

It takes one to know one in this case and trust me when I say that you have never been molested.

No organization whether it be football, religion, a educational institution or a corporation is worth the destruction and utter contempt of and for a child.

Your post is both disgusting and ignorant.
Really!?!!!!! you wanna really play the "one -up" game about molestation...and you think I'm flip and callous?

MAYBE some of us have seen way too much in this life and are just plain tired and a wee bit jaded about things...guess it never occured to you.
Maybe I'm sick to death of seeing victims being kept in their victim-hood by people who are really just out for $$$.
Maybe I see innocent as being equal ...one not being above the other based on age.
One innocent person deserves as much protection and respect as another.
And, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

And FYI (Lord i'm loathe to sink to your level) I was molested from age 3 til age 6 by my mother's best friend's son (who was my babysitter)
Not only did he molest me, but his idea of "babysitting" (during the summer) was to lock me in their metal shed, while he would go play baseball with his friends...thank God for the deep freeze I was able and smart enough to open to get cool.
And I never told my parents, because I was made to believe that my dad would have another heart-attack if he found out "I was being that bad"...
You really don't deserve any of these details.
The nerve of you...may you rot!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Again, I have to say, you are a disgusting ignorant person would say such garbage. You think that there were a "relatively few" children. The coverup allowed this rapist to continue the abuse over many years to many more children than were disclosed as being abused in the University. There were many children that were raped. Those children's children will also suffer from fathers who were scared and no one help them, and now they are scarred and we have to listen to your fake bull of saying it matters not.

It could have been stopped early by these overpaid, overcompensated criminals running this University. They choose not to stop the abuse. They were worried about their fat paychecks.

Oh, they say Paterno did so much good but he made one mistake. A mistake is not a continual pattern of protecting a sexual predator to continue his behavior of raping children over years, so as to protect your legacy and a game. Joseph Vincent Paterno was and will also be considered an enabler of child rape--that will be his legacy.

To say children are not important only says that you are not of sound mind.

Livecontent
So, all The INNOCENT people who work for and go to the university and their families don't matter? or matter less than those who have been abused?
So my best friend who has struggled to make ends meet and FINALLY caught a break and got a job at the local campus and was at last able to start back to school, so she could make a better life for herself and her autistic son, and now may lose that job, if the school cuts back...what too bad so sad?
So...her innocent son and her innocent family, they matter less...than what revenge!!??! and YOU have the audacity to call me sick?
How is exacting revenge (because we can't undo what's been done) help anything?
Take from THOSE who were responsible, but leave the rest alone.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the released report they made many recommendations to prevent another tragedy. As a matter of fact; their recommendations start on page 127 of the report and continue through page 144. The university has already instituted/implemented some of the recommendations – but only a fraction of them (the report placed and asterisk after the recommendations now in practice). It is very important for the university and the citizens of our state to follow up. We should find out why some recommendations have not been implemented.

I would like to also find out what happened to missing DA Ray Gricar?

My feeling on Joe Paterno was that he was guilty of not doing enough. He could have been legally right – but at any time he had the power and could have pressed the authorities to do more. I think that his guilt pulled him into an early grave – he lost his will to live.

I am not for punishing the innocent. But; I think that there are still plenty that do deserve some punishment.
THANK YOU!!! finally somebody who gets it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania