Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 AM

11 posts, read 28,967 times

Advertisements

My husband was relocated and we have been looking for housing in New Jersey. However, it is so expensive. We are moving from Texas and have a six year old daughter and dog. We are planning on renting since we don't plan on staying forever. We are having trouble finding a place to rent with the dog that doesn't want half a fortune. My question is what are some nice places in Pennsylvania that would be nice to live. I am looking for a place that has nice schools, dog friendly, and the commute to NYC would not kill him. Sometimes he goes once a week, sometimes four times a week. We need to move in the next few weeks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,296,044 times
Look into Bucks' COunty. Maybe Newtown would be good. He could take the train in Trenton or Princeton into NYC...those train stations are not too far away from Newtown. (About 10-15 minutes to Trenton and 20-25 minutes to Princeton) Newtown is nice-GREAT schools, very nice area. You can probably find a condo in Newtown Grat to rent or someplace like that and many times those places allow pets. Contact a local realtor there and ask if they know of any condos for rent in Newtown. If not a condo or townhome, check into apartments there. I used to live in Newtown Grant (although we owned our condo) and it is very nice. GOod luck

Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,608,180 times
I agree Newtown is just beautiful. Perhaps Doylestown would be nice also. Charming quaint town..........that area is just so nice and upbeat. Wonderful people........
I agree with twinmma totally..........

Old 10-01-2007, 05:08 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,743,328 times
I usually post in the Northeast Pa forum, but Bucks Country and Doylestown are quite expensive. Certainly at least 1/2 a fortune. Check out post in the Northeast Pa forum section, do searches for Dingmans Ferry. I have seen posters recommend this and it is about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs form NYC.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,526,075 times
The good realtors have the exclusives on the rentals. More and more folks do know want to do the screening themselves and want the realtors to do the work. We have 3 animinals and may rent soon. You wouldn't even know we owned a pet if you walked into my house. Some people have destroyed rentals with pets so I can understand your concern. If you want the name of a great realtor email me.

The hat

Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM

11 posts, read 28,967 times
Thank you all. I appreciate your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania