Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM

3,969 posts, read 2,352,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
I always love this argument. People like you keep saying how football was placed before everything else... including academics. This despite the fact that the PSU football team was consistently #1 in graduation rates.
It seems they are #1 in protecting pedophiles

Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM

10 posts, read 8,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Having a negative opinion of Paterno's firing is not equivalent to "protecting child predators".
WHAT!! So you think that Paterno should not have been fired despite the fact he went at great lengths to cover up the sexual abuse of children???

Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,382,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheWetlands View Post
WHAT!! So you think that Paterno should not have been fired despite the fact he went at great lengths to cover up the sexual abuse of children???
At the time he was fired, I do not believe the evidence warranted his firing. Paterno had submitted a plan to resign at the end of the season, and given the circumstances, the Board should have accepted it.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
At the time he was fired, I do not believe the evidence warranted his firing. Paterno had submitted a plan to resign at the end of the season, and given the circumstances, the Board should have accepted it.
Well Todd was obviously wrong then. My question concerns his strong support for Paterno and his own integrity. Paterno's actions were so awful, anyone that took his side needs to issue a public apology. My question is, has that apology ever come?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Paterno's actions were so awful, anyone that took his side needs to issue a public apology.
People taking his side were saying to wait until the facts come out before judging. I and many others considered Paterno innocent until proven guilty. Are you saying we should apologize for wanting to give the man due process?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
People taking his side were saying to wait until the facts come out before judging. I and many others considered Paterno innocent until proven guilty. Are you saying we should apologize for wanting to give the man due process?
The only thing that has to be resolved is the pending lawsuits against Paterno and the university. The evidence is crystal clear and my question for people like Blackledge is now that the evidence is there, when does he plan on apologizing for supporting Paterno? It's time to move towards closure and Blackledge being in the public spotlight should either apologize or never work as an analyst again.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM

No apology is necessary. He formed his opinion from the evidence presented at the time, and there was nothing wrong with that. His opinion hurt no one and many agreed with him.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
No apology is necessary. He formed his opinion from the evidence presented at the time, and there was nothing wrong with that. His opinion hurt no one and many agreed with him.
Heaven forbid if poor Todd Blackledge has to utter the words "I was wrong" or "I'm sorry." It confirms my character of him and people in Penn who are more concerned about football than justice. I hope the intelligent people of the state made it known that you don't give a scumbag like Paterno a pass just because he is number 13 all-time in wins. I'm done here

Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,827,428 times
Agreed completely, SaveTheWetlands!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Heaven forbid if poor Todd Blackledge has to utter the words "I was wrong" or "I'm sorry." It confirms my character of him and people in Penn who are more concerned about football than justice. I hope the intelligent people of the state made it known that you don't give a scumbag like Paterno a pass just because he is number 13 all-time in wins. I'm done here
Assume much?

No one is giving Paterno a pass, but the "everyone who ever admired Paterno is complicit in the scandal and must apologize" rhetroic is getting old. People need to have some perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania