Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 AM

70 posts, read 85,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Diamond View Post
Hi All,

I am considering relocating to Pennsylvania. Currently, I live on Long Island and commute to Manhattan which I would still do when I relocate to PA. I am a single mom with two children ages 2 and 4.

I have been viewing the following four counties; Bucks, Lehigh, Monroe and Pike. I would like to know out of all four counties which one and which town would be the best to live in considering my situation. I need an easy commute and the best schools for my children (one of which has severe language and speech delays). Overall, a nice neighborhood that I can raise my children in and that's close to all.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
GOD NO! STOP! Burn that For Sale sign you have on your house!

I have a kid with speech delays, err, lets call it what it really is. Mercury induced autistic spectrum disorder caused by thimerisol. Thats another story, but we're working on it, OURSELVES.

These inbred hicks will be of no help in working with who I assume is your son. You have FAR better resources in Long Island than you will find down here.

Check my other posts for comments on PA. GOD NO!! STOP!!

Whatever you do, ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!

Seriously, spend some time down here a little while before moving. If you can afford it, get a short term rental and live down here a month or two before uprooting your family. If you absolutely MUST come down to this godforsaken state, then try to shoot for North Penn School District(Montgomery County). Its about the only half-way decent one for ASD/PDD kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Moov View Post

I have a kid with speech delays, err, lets call it what it really is. Mercury induced autistic spectrum disorder caused by thimerisol. Thats another story, but we're working on it, OURSELVES.
If you have a moment would you PM me about this???? Even a link to info about the issue would be grand. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Would you consider moving up to Monroe? (NY, Orange county)

You will have less expensive housing a much more bearable commute and that general area is awesome for kids with special needs. While Pike county is nice, you will kill yourself with the commute. Stroudsberg is overrated and suffering. The commute across 80 is hell. Metro North/Shortline make life very bearable for commuters and you will find many people around here with speech delayed kids, kids with autism, CP the whole nine yards. I think you will find people a lot more understanding and empathetic up here as well, when compared to where I live now in Pike there is the strong tendancy to stare and hear snickers when someone "different" is around in Walmart..

Give it some thought. Goshen is nice and you can get an apartment in a NICE area for 1200. Or a three bed 1.5 bath townhouse in Cornwall will run 1500 with heat paid. There is better access to health care around here too.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 PM

Default The info you requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
If you have a moment would you PM me about this???? Even a link to info about the issue would be grand. Thanks.
Hi Winnie,

There are several sources of information about thimerosal and its link to autism.

http://www.thimerosal-autism-symptoms.com/
http://members.jorsm.com/~binstock/thimerosal.htm (broken link)
http://www.adrugrecall.com/thimerosal/autism.html
http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...-blogging.html
http://www.autismwebsite.com/ARI/dan/dan.htm (broken link)

There are literally thousands. The best thing to do is hit google, and start searching on the following keywords.

thimerosal autism
mercury autism
flu shot austim
vaccine autism
gluten free autism
biomedical intervention autism
mercury autism gluten recovery b-12 glutathione
autism chelation recovery
autism danger chelation
autism mercury dmps

the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.

My favorite thing to search on is...

Bill Frist Pharmaceutical autism patriot act

or

CDC findings mercury sealed

The information you will find may shed some light on just how much MONEY is at stake, and why this problem is being covered up at all levels.

Best of luck ! Above all, if you know someone that has a child with this issue, make sure they see a developmental pediatrician that is on the DAN! list. Anyone else just wants to do therapy. Doing the therapy without biomedical intervention is like driving a broken car, and hoping that the better you drive it, the more it will fix itself.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info. I was a pedi RN and I have seen so many kids with autism or Aspberger's syndrome...

DD had a serious lull in her speech after her 18 month shots. DS is due to get the same series Fri and I am torn. She is just now, at 3 years old starting to get things together in the speech department. I was very worried for awhile and still am a little. But, again thanks for steering me in a direction here.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I was a pedi RN and I have seen so many kids with autism or Aspberger's syndrome...

DD had a serious lull in her speech after her 18 month shots. DS is due to get the same series Fri and I am torn. She is just now, at 3 years old starting to get things together in the speech department. I was very worried for awhile and still am a little. But, again thanks for steering me in a direction here.
The really scary thing is that people are still injecting their kids with this stuff in the form of flu shots every day, and our govt does nothing about it. Why? Because doing too much would be an indirect admission that there is a problem. They DID in fact outlaw the use of it in child vaccines in 2003. WHY that hasn't set off any fire alarms I'll never know. Everybody gets flu shots, so I imagine they're afraid of the entire country actually waking up and paying attention.

One day, there will be someone at Eli Lily who will come forward about them knowing the possible effects of Thimerosal. They will finger one or more executives there for deeming it an acceptable risk. I only hope that when that happens, we as a country help out poor Sadham Hussein and give him a job with the federal government. "Lead Consultant - Physical punishment and torturing techniques". If there were ever a case to torture people for months on end as a form of criminal punishment, the person or persons responsible for poisoning the worlds children with this "preservative" should be first at bat.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:46 PM

9 posts, read 58,302 times
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say "Thank you" for all of your posts. I appreciate everyone taking the time out of their busy schedules to post a reply.

I have to ask why no one is recommending Monroe County with such town's as Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg. Why are those towns overrated, having issues, etc? Actually, if I lived in Monroe County, if would be an easier commute to NYC. If anyone has a specific answer, I would appreciate it.

If I moved to Milford (which I would like to) my commute to NYC would be close to six hours a day - three hours there and three hours back.

As far as my son having speech delays, I felt it had to do with my labor and delivery. My doctor allowed me to push for 3 1/2 hours in agonizing pain. My son did say his first word at six months of age which was MaMa but after that it was nothing until he was about 1 1/2 years old and his vocabulary consisted of four words by then. Perhaps whatever vaccinations he received between 6 months and 1 1/2 years of age did something to him. I never really considered the vaccines being a contributing factor to his speech delays. I'm thinking about checking up on the vaccines that he received during that time.

The only thing that I can recommend is get your child as many services as you possible can. Believe me, the more you speak up and the more they hear your voice the more you get. Been there, done that.

And get a lawyer. I'm trying to find someone to take my case.

Good night everyone.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM

I am sure you will find people here that have nice things to say about Monroe county, but my DD has commuted from So. NY to NYC for going on 25 years now and a lot of his buddies moved to Stroudsberg area and are not happy with how the place has blown up and many complain that the area cannot support the huge increase of residents as well..

Post 9/11, many people moved up to Orange, it is the fastest growing county in NY. But tho there are some traffic issues up here the towns have really been agressive with the zoning and building permits and road construction/widening to keep up with the pace well. I have not heard of positive things happeining with Monroe county. Maybe someone here has information to the contrary...

I would never recommend someone commute from Pike to NYC. To give you an example, from Milford to Middletown is 25 minutes, from there it is another 25 minutes to the park and ride in Monroe (off 17)where you would catch the bus for another hour plus getting to Manhatten - coming back home could take longer if there is an accident on 17.. For the prices of housing and commuting from Milford, I would again strongly recommend looking into outer Middletown and greenville area. That should get you to NYC a lot quicker. There are also better doctors and hospitals out here and more child care services.

I am a RN and I would say good luck to you finding a lawyer - 3.5 hours is way too long for a baby's head to be stuck in the birth canal. My ex-boss's daughter in-law had a similar circumstance and the child has CP. Doctors like that need to be corrected.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I am a RN and I would say good luck to you finding a lawyer - 3.5 hours is way too long for a baby's head to be stuck in the birth canal. My ex-boss's daughter in-law had a similar circumstance and the child has CP. Doctors like that need to be corrected.
That is a little fishy, but thats why I VIDEOTAPED my wife's C-section. The Dr's gave me weird looks and probably thought I was a little gory, but I wanted the video record. I trust nobody.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 38,340 times
Default Bucks County

Bucks county is the most expensive county in Penna. Being very historical and inhabited by high earners, it does tend to have excellent schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania