Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 PM

97 posts, read 429,648 times

Advertisements

looking for moms who have delivered at st lukes or lvh. what are your comments about the nurses, facility, private rooms, would you return there for another delivery?
my impression (having moved here recently) is that lvh has a better reputation, but i don't have any sense of why or if it's an accurate perception. i live a lot closer to st luke's, so I'd rather not drive, in labor, an extra 20 minutes.
and if you love you midwife or obgyn, i'd love your recommendation.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,345,557 times
We moved here after I had my last child so I have no first hand baby experience with either hospital but I'm still going to add my 2 cents. I would find a nearby ob/gyn practice that you really like and go to St. Luke's assuming that's where they are associated. Both hospitals have good reputations and like you said why would you want to drive an extra 20 minutes while in labor? If St. Luke's had a bad reputation, I would give different advice.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:44 PM

84 posts, read 418,126 times
I delivered my son at LVH almost 3 years ago and highly recommend it. He unexpectedly ended up in the NICU 10 hours after birth due to low blood sugar. The care he and I both received was excellent. The nurses were extra supportive of me after he was put in the NICU, which was a big help. The NICU nurses were very caring and helpful as well and answered any/all questions my husband and I had. They taught us how to read his monitors, how to feed and dress him with his belly button IV, etc, and they didn't mind that we were there about 8-10 hours a day (the NICU and postpartum unit are on the same floor at LVH).

I've never had St. Luke's food, but LVH contracts out for their food service and it's actually quite good (and I'm VERY picky) with a big selection.

I used College Heights OB/GYNs on Cedar Crest Blvd (right across the street from LVH). There are probably 8 different drs there and you see various ones throughout your pregnancy since you don't know who will be on call when you deliver-I think one of their drs is always at the hospital since they have so many patients. I loved the OB that delivered my son. He was so caring and wanted to make sure I was alright, that he called in a second dr to cover his other patients so he could sit with me for 2 hours straight while I pushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania