Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 06:50 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,817,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovely View Post
Thank you all for helping me with this! Lancaster/Lititz is currently my top picks. Is there any particular area I should look into within the towns? Also, hopefully I uploaded the clothing items on here for all to see?.. If so, do you think that particular style will do good in the area? Do you/have you seen any similar boutique/styles in that area? I'm going to assume most sales will be from tourists rather than locals?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to get as much info between PA and Virginia and which would be a better decision to open.
lancaster is a bigger place and the downtown sees a mix of tourists and locals. brookings, I belive, found that lancaster had a high proportion of the region's jobs downtown (a third). lititz is a smaller town. if you visit it should be pretty easy to see both places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 PM

36 posts, read 97,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
It's not a nuisance to most posters, no need to apologize. It makes sense to look for advice in both forums.
Okay, just making sure.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
lancaster is a bigger place and the downtown sees a mix of tourists and locals. brookings, I belive, found that lancaster had a high proportion of the region's jobs downtown (a third). lititz is a smaller town. if you visit it should be pretty easy to see both places.
Sounds great. I assume the economy is decent in Lancaster? I was in Harrisburg a few weeks ago and it looked very impoverished, but to be fair, I only ventured near the capital. I was too pressed for time to explore. I will definitely be making a trip at the end of this month to view the area. Hopefully everything goes well and the locals like the products as well

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM

429 posts, read 719,303 times
I, too, vote Lancaster City over Lititz. I guess you could be a destination boutique and be anywhere, though.

I'm thinking Lancaster City along Queen Street maybe. On First Fridays Queen Street is jumping! I find Lancaster has a core of students at the Art School and at Franklin & Marshall and Millersville who might enjoy edgy fashion. Lititz is nice and cutesy, but not edgy IMHO. You really gotta visit to see what it's like.

Lancaster didn't have a large recession and it's back to a pretty good economy now. There are jobs. People are spending money.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Beanie View Post
I, too, vote Lancaster City over Lititz. I guess you could be a destination boutique and be anywhere, though.

I'm thinking Lancaster City along Queen Street maybe. On First Fridays Queen Street is jumping! I find Lancaster has a core of students at the Art School and at Franklin & Marshall and Millersville who might enjoy edgy fashion. Lititz is nice and cutesy, but not edgy IMHO. You really gotta visit to see what it's like.

Lancaster didn't have a large recession and it's back to a pretty good economy now. There are jobs. People are spending money.
Wonderful news, Jeanie Beanie! I will do a walk through of Queen Street and update you all on what direction I take. I'll have to scope out the area and see if there's any similar stores/boutiques near.

Thanks again!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Wonderful news, Jeanie Beanie! I will do a walk through of Queen Street and update you all on what direction I take. I'll have to scope out the area and see if there's any similar stores/boutiques near.

Thanks again!
bella is kids slothing store and i believe theres a mens store next to it.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
bella is kids slothing store and i believe theres a mens store next to it.
Thank you for the info, pman. I take it there's no specialty boutique for women in the area besides department stores? I have a friend who used to live in Bethlehem years ago and she told me to look into opening there. From what I can find, I believe that Lancaster would be a better option considering the tourism that it receives, but I don't know. I'm not from there. What do you all think?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the info, pman. I take it there's no specialty boutique for women in the area besides department stores? I have a friend who used to live in Bethlehem years ago and she told me to look into opening there. From what I can find, I believe that Lancaster would be a better option considering the tourism that it receives, but I don't know. I'm not from there. What do you all think?
well, I'm certainly no fashion expert but I'd think you could do okay either place, bethlehem has sands, lehigh university, a decent tourist draw (musikfest, christmas village, moravian stuff, etc) and is closer to a large number of people. lancaster seems to be reinventing itself though

Chubby Bubblz opens in Lancaster - Business

Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,420,682 times
Quote:
From what I can find, I believe that Lancaster would be a better option considering the tourism that it receives, but I don't know. I'm not from there. What do you all think?
I don't know how many tourists go to downtown Lancaster. When I think of Lancaster and tourism, the Route 30 corridor comes to mind, along with the Amish farms and the outlets (Rockvale and Tanger).

Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I don't know how many tourists go to downtown Lancaster. When I think of Lancaster and tourism, the Route 30 corridor comes to mind, along with the Amish farms and the outlets (Rockvale and Tanger).
central market is there and the regions best hotels (marriott, Lancaster arts hotel) . rt. 30 is pretty tired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania