Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 AM

32,770 posts, read 35,991,939 times

Advertisements

There'a a turnpike rest stop at Hickory Run and Allentown. As toobusy stated, there's a Wawa at the Quakertown exit. If you're further south, exit at Lansdale and drive a couple of mile down Sunnytown Pike and you'll find something.

AAA was probably suggesting Rt. 309. If you go that route, you're going to be in the car for quite a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times
If you change your mind and take the turnpike, I'm sure people could tell you the closest fast food or gas station for stops. At the Lansdale exit there's a Wawa less then a mile from the exit. Get off, take a left and at the second light take another left, the Wawa is immediately on the right. Hickory Run has a several places, including a Wawa.

I tend to like Wawa's because they have everything - drinks, multi stall bathrooms, no fee atms, gas, food....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,060,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
If you change your mind and take the turnpike, I'm sure people could tell you the closest fast food or gas station for stops. At the Lansdale exit there's a Wawa less then a mile from the exit. Get off, take a left and at the second light take another left, the Wawa is immediately on the right. Hickory Run has a several places, including a Wawa.

I tend to like Wawa's because they have everything - drinks, multi stall bathrooms, no fee atms, gas, food....
thanks--never thought of that just focused on the turnpike service areas

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,977,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There'a a turnpike rest stop at Hickory Run and Allentown. As toobusy stated, there's a Wawa at the Quakertown exit. If you're further south, exit at Lansdale and drive a couple of mile down Sunnytown Pike and you'll find something.

AAA was probably suggesting Rt. 309. If you go that route, you're going to be in the car for quite a while.
Actually, the real question should be; what is the longest distance between Turnpike exits without a rest facility? If the OP knew that answer she could possibly work around it (maybe run an alternate route around the long sections)?

It has been too many years that I ran the Turnpike.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Actually, the real question should be; what is the longest distance between Turnpike exits without a rest facility? If the OP knew that answer she could possibly work around it (maybe run an alternate route around the long sections)?

It has been too many years that I ran the Turnpike.
Or, what is the longest distance between bathrooms? It's nearly 20 miles between Mahoning Valley and the Allentown service plaza. The shortest distance is between the Pocono exit and the Hickory Run service plaza at about 8.5 miles. Average is about 12 miles.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,977,261 times
Quote:
Or, what is the longest distance between bathrooms? It's nearly 20 miles between Mahoning Valley and the Allentown service plaza. The shortest distance is between the Pocono exit and the Hickory Run service plaza at about 8.5 miles. Average is about 12 miles.
One advantage of running major routes is that the bathrooms are usually open. Sometimes small service stations have bathrooms out-of-order or in terrible condition. Many of the national chains and the truck stops have multiple stalls and keep them clean. Hospitals are one other source of restrooms if you are in a bind.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
One advantage of running major routes is that the bathrooms are usually open. Sometimes small service stations have bathrooms out-of-order or in terrible condition. Many of the national chains and the truck stops have multiple stalls and keep them clean. Hospitals are one other source of restrooms if you are in a bind.
I'd never thought of that one! I've used the restroom in supermarkets, building centers and a host of other places. When you've got to go, you've got to go.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times
The other places that could be considered are hotels. Any hotel I have stayed at has a restroom close to the front desk.

Agree about the nasty service station bathrooms that usually have one stall and could certainly be occupied.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:20 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,060,095 times
Quote:
I'd never thought of that one! I've used the restroom in supermarkets, building centers and a host of other places. When you've got to go, you've got to go.
that is so true--even those bladders get old and impatient--lol!

thanks everyone --you all have been really helpful---am starting my weekly trek to philly back up next week(had a week off)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania