Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,004 times

Advertisements

I am receiving regular uc benefits, & apparently I owed money for an overpayment. I was receiving direct deposit regularly. Now, the overpayment has been satisfied so they sent my claim to Harrisburg. Although I have been filing every 2 weeks for UC, I have not received payment since 6/11/2013. It is now 7/5/2013. My direct deposit is not being received, even though my claims are processing. How can Harrisburg withhold my monies from my UC payments, & leave me with nothing to live on?! I called the office numerous times, & they basically blow me off & say: just keep filing your biweekly claims. We sent it to Harrisburg to be adjusted & they have thousands of claims that have to be processed daily. They are probably behind. Seriously?! Every bill I own is late & getting charged late payments becaz there are too many UC claims & they haven't gotten to mine? How can they just keep my money that I need to live on?! The measly amount that it is. I am struggling enough trying to keep up. Having to borrow money, etc. Who else do I need to talk to?! I need my money to live! I am well below poverty level, & would be eligible for food stamps if I applied. But I don't want to have to go that route. I will starve first. Who can I go to, if not even the UC employees will respond & don't know what's going on?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,360 times
Default trying

I have been putting in hundreds of resumes after being laid off in May of 2012. Out of those resumes I got 5 interviews but never hired. I've worked for over 40 years and have a lot of experience office work, customer service , etc. I'm a 60 year old woman , never had a problem getting a job before and I feel it is age discrimination. I can see when going on interviews that the workers are all young. I finally got a part time job, 8 hours a week at $10.00 My unemployment benefits expire next month and like the person in the previous post I am 3 weeks behind. I'm a widow so have no other income and I am taking care of my son & his girlfriend who are disabled . You say :Get a job" - are you hiring?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,277 times
have you received your payments yet, or any word on when....

Old 12-30-2013, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsettled1 View Post
I am receiving regular uc benefits, & apparently I owed money for an overpayment. I was receiving direct deposit regularly. Now, the overpayment has been satisfied so they sent my claim to Harrisburg. Although I have been filing every 2 weeks for UC, I have not received payment since 6/11/2013. It is now 7/5/2013. My direct deposit is not being received, even though my claims are processing. How can Harrisburg withhold my monies from my UC payments, & leave me with nothing to live on?! I called the office numerous times, & they basically blow me off & say: just keep filing your biweekly claims. We sent it to Harrisburg to be adjusted & they have thousands of claims that have to be processed daily. They are probably behind. Seriously?! Every bill I own is late & getting charged late payments becaz there are too many UC claims & they haven't gotten to mine? How can they just keep my money that I need to live on?! The measly amount that it is. I am struggling enough trying to keep up. Having to borrow money, etc. Who else do I need to talk to?! I need my money to live! I am well below poverty level, & would be eligible for food stamps if I applied. But I don't want to have to go that route. I will starve first. Who can I go to, if not even the UC employees will respond & don't know what's going on?!
Can you tell me how long it took to receive a payment? I am in the same boat, I paid off the debt months ago and when I went to activate a new claim they said it would have to go thru Harrisburg? I am late on payments and do not know what to do/ Help

Old 01-25-2017, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,519 times
Im in the same boat is there a phone number that i can call

Old 01-27-2017, 03:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,323 times
Go to your nearest state Representative's office. They should have a form to fax to the Uc office. You will get a response a lot quicker than trying on the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania