Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 PM

251 posts, read 1,312,715 times

Advertisements

I googled that and the only thing that comes up is in SC, which this wasn't....I used to go between DuBois to Harrisburg all the time on 322.....a few years ago obviously....it was on a curve on top of a ridge which looked over the whole valley....they do conferences and stuff there all the time....but I'll be damned if I can remember the proper name.

And then I started thinking I swear the juniata river runs through that valley so maybe it is a bit further from SC then I thought. It's got me so bugged I want to go and take a ride for myself just so I can see for myself where the hell it is. God I hate getting old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 PM

251 posts, read 1,312,715 times
I came across this link while I was looking for that other place.....TONS of links for lodging around SC!
http://www.centralpacvb.org/listings/?catID=1

Old 12-17-2007, 05:42 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I sent you over a great Altoona cottage, beautifully decorated and reasonable.
# 149423 it is open in May and is anywhere from $50 for two nights ( each night) to less for more nights taken.......hope this helps. I sent you a DM.........
This is the cutest little place with everything you need.
If you missed my DM it is on VRBO.com.........and we use them
all the time. ................This rate is good, it is decorated llike a little
doll house, I love this one myself.........

Old 12-17-2007, 10:31 AM

35 posts, read 192,955 times
when i graduated in May 05, my family stayed in the dorms, yes, the dorms!!!! all the hotels were booked (as usual) so PSU utilized the empty dorm rooms for like $30 a night, plus you get a meal card to eat breakfast and lunch in the commons... it may not be the most luxurious accomodations but it beats driving back and forth from hotels outside state college, plus you kinda get to relive your college days lol... i'll see if i can find a link for you

Old 12-18-2007, 06:58 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,417 times
Thanks to everyone for their ideas!!! Through the B&B website someone posted, I found out about a B&B reservation service. I found a place, right in State College, just a few miles from the stadium. It sure beats driving back and forth to Altoona for two days. Here is the website in case anyone else may be interested in the future.

http://www.restandrepast.com/

I'mSoPhilly - I had found out about the dorms too but they do not reserve until April. I was afraid to chance not getting into one. It's a great idea though! If anyone is interested in dorm housing for graduation, here is the info:

Visitors may reserve a Penn State residence hall room by calling 800-778-8006 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, or by completing a reservation form (PDF)* and either faxing it or submitting it by email to Conference Services.

Rates are $44 per night per person double occupancy and $51 per night per person single occupancy. A cot may be added to a double room at a rate of $16 per night. As part of the room fee you will receive bed linens, blankets, pillows, towels, and a full breakfast. Breakfast will be served from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily Saturday and Sunday in Simmons Dining Hall.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 14,775 times
Default Where to stay in State College for PSU Grad.

Hi there,
if you have not found a place you can try Lock Haven, it is about a 30-45 min drive to State College. Try the following:

Partnership House Bed and Breakf. 570-748-1990
Carriage House 570-748-5799
Best Western 570-748-3297

There is another B&B that is farily new but I can't remember what the name is. I will find out, if you would like to email me I can can then forward it to you. Hope this helps and good luck! Dana

danarobinson2@yahoo.com

Old 07-13-2008, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,122 times
Default More places to stay...

I'm originally from Belleville and know several people who have Bed & Breakfasts in Belleville and the State College area. Email me at [EMAIL="efw103@yahoo.com"]efw103@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] if you ever need a reference!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,811 times
Hotels in State College book up soo quickly for big events!! When everything else in town seems to be full, this website has several lodging options. State College, PA Hotels | Penn State Lodging | Football Hotels, Motel, Accommodations - Lion Country Lodging

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
You could try Lewistown, Huntingdon, or Lock Haven; in a piinch, I've used the trucker-oriented motels at Milesburg; not the ambience of a B&B, but clean, reasonably priced, and not likely to be booked full on a weekend.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
This thread was started five years ago.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania