U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 21,870 times
Default Kunkletown

Hi there:

What can you tell me about Kunkletown. I am moving out to PA from MI and my husband and I have 2 children. Schools are a factor and just about anything else you can fill me in on.

Thanks for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,547,963 times
Kunkletown might feel a bit isolated, but it has great access to many hubs and other places of interest.
The land lots in Kunkletown are quite nice, and it has a country, quiet feel in that area.
If I'm not mistaken they attend the Polk schools, or possibly the Pleasant Valley district...both are fine and well respected schools.
There are two very close grocery stores, and many of the fast food places. There is an abundance of day care and after school, before school places.
If you go south and through Palmerton, you can get to great shopping centers at the Lehigh area south of Whitehall. If you head down 33 south you can go to Easton for great theaters, Sams Club, Walmart and Wegmans.
There are also Walmarts in Mt Pocono, and E.Stroudsburg. Along 611 not far from Kunkletown is all the Big Box Stores.......Kohls, Pier One, Target,TJMax, Staples, Borders etc.
The town next door Brodheadsville, has a huge library on Pilgram Way.
There is a fun place for kids called Imagination Zone. Also local bowling.........

There is karate, and gymnastic classes, quite a few dance classes also.

Kunkletown might have farmland but, it also has mountainous regions......you can take your pick.

From here you are only 1 1/2 hours to visit NYC and its attractions.....and about that to Philly for the same.

It is a great hub area.......and yet.......a quiet area to come home too.

I'm sure you would love it.......

One of the great golf places Hideaway Hills is located there also, the men seem to think that it is really a great course.
Hope this helps....
See the Brodheadsville pictures to see a part of its surrounding area on City Data if you can.......

Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM

8 posts, read 21,870 times
Thank you for your reply, however I cannot find any daycare centers in Kunkletown.

Would you happen to know the names of any off hand? My sons are ages 1 and 4 and I need daycare if we are moving to Kunkletown.

Thanks

Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 AM

9,250 posts, read 7,768,798 times
I live in the Kunkletown/Saylorsburg area. You have to go outside of Kunkletown for child care. Surrounding areas have good places. You can try Kresgeville, The Growing Place at 610-681-5486 or the Gilbert area, Genesis Day Care at 610-681-3669 if you will be working in the Brodheadsville area. But, if hubby will be working in Allentown and is the one dropping the boys off, I'd try The Playtime Learning Center. It is on old rt 115 in Saylorsburg, and if you are living in Kunkletown, you'd pass it on the way to the highway that leads to Allentown. the number is 570-992-3935.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:43 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,547,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I live in the Kunkletown/Saylorsburg area. You have to go outside of Kunkletown for child care. Surrounding areas have good places. You can try Kresgeville, The Growing Place at 610-681-5486 or the Gilbert area, Genesis Day Care at 610-681-3669 if you will be working in the Brodheadsville area. But, if hubby will be working in Allentown and is the one dropping the boys off, I'd try The Playtime Learning Center. It is on old rt 115 in Saylorsburg, and if you are living in Kunkletown, you'd pass it on the way to the highway that leads to Allentown. the number is 570-992-3935.
Thanks PoconoP..........yes, just outside and on your way to work there is plenty of places. I do like the looks of the Playtime Learning Center.
I wasn't sure if the Imagination Zone had a before or after school care.
I thought once that I noticed that they did, and that in convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania