U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,175 times

Advertisements

looking for help locating city-borough or whatever it is called - Manheim job location - moving from MD - any suggestions on location within 15-25 miles from Manheim - want safe, not totally farming area - does not have to be big city but looking for place to call home - meet people - volunteer - all suggestions accepted
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM

23,306 posts, read 21,401,384 times
Manheim Pa, as in the one in Lancaster? Safe would cover the whole area except maybe the worst parts of Lancaster the city itself. Not totally farming would also cover the whole area. You have some rural areas with farms but housing developments are right next to them or scattered around to varying degrees.
Its a great area, you'll have fun looking around and you really can't find a bad area. The Manheim/ Lititz/ New Holland areas are probably the nicest areas east of Lancaster. I'm less familiar south and west of Lancaster. Denver/ Ephrata/ Adamstown are good too.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:53 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 537,641 times
I would look at East Petersburg. It's quiet, safe and not too rural. It is also close to Downtown Lancaster and other activities.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:24 AM

23,306 posts, read 21,401,384 times
I just drove through Eden/ Leola yesterday along route 23. That's a nice quiet area that is still within a short drive of shopping and many businesses. There's a skywalk across Route 23 at a facility that's always intrigued me. I think its a pharmaceutical company or something.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:29 AM

62 posts, read 77,264 times
East Petersburg, Manheim, Lititz and their surrounding areas are all decent and considered safe. Are you planning on buying or renting? Rentals are pricey no matter what area you're looking to move, average 1 brdm in apt community is around $1000. plus ututlities. 2-3 bdrm ave 1200.00 and up. You may luck out and find a private home for rent for same price.
Home prices & taxes can vary greatly depending on the school district. Manheim Township and Lititz are probably the most expensive for homes but their taxes aren't as bad as in the city or Columbia, Having lived in both areas I would avoid those two areas altogether. The only bad/unsafe area would be within the city and the southern end of the city.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 AM

62 posts, read 77,264 times
Forgot to add. zip code for Manheim is 17545. you can use sites like Hotpad dot com to search for homes and rentals
other zips near by:

17538 - Landisville
17520 - East Petersburg
17601 - Manheim Township
17543 - Lititz

there are also nice areas north of Manheim too but they may be too farmy for you.
Good luck meeting people. That will probably depend on your job and social interest. Keep in mind most twps and boroughs in Lancaster are very cliquie, may be hard to form new social circles and friends right off the bat. We're not exactly known for our social skills around here..lol. most ppl keep to themselves and stay within their own social circles, most of which were formed from their school days. Not much of a nightlife either but again it all depends on what you're into and if you have family/kids. Most activites are what you would call family oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania