Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 08:46 PM

661 posts, read 516,213 times

Advertisements

I saw this thread about a possible existing North Carolina neighborhood called "Little Erie". I think establishing such a city or town is a great idea, especially down south because that's where I figure most Erieites are relocating too. Why can't people relocate while still having it feel in some ways like "Big Erie"? And why must it be just a single neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 PM

4,692 posts, read 8,981,503 times
It seems like it would be easier to just move back to Erie.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,830,993 times
While the Erie population is declining and many people have left the area, a good number of the people who have left the city live in Millcreek Township or surrounding areas. Erie seems to be losing many young adults and recent college graduates, but many of the older people seem to have stayed in the area and this is evident by the declining city population and the stagnant county population. In other words, I would say that Millcreek Township is already little Erie and who knows maybe it will be larger than Erie someday.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:04 PM

661 posts, read 516,213 times
Trackster, while I do agree with that, I still think "Why not try it somewhere else in another state?"

And Millcreek becoming the same size as Erie, never gonna happen in my lifetime. If that does happen though, they might as well merge or move the county seat to Millcreek.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:16 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,830,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Trackster, while I do agree with that, I still think "Why not try it somewhere else in another state?"

And Millcreek becoming the same size as Erie, never gonna happen in my lifetime. If that does happen though, they might as well merge or move the county seat to Millcreek.
I agree that it is highly unlikely that Millcreek Township will surpass Erie in population anytime soon, but as Millcreek moves closer to 60,000 in population and Erie moves closer to 90,000 it will be interesting to see what happens. Millcreek has a huge amount of land and currently has a larger population than Harrisburg. I am not sure where the concentration of Erie residents who have left the state or area is, but many people I have talked to recently have mentioned that their kids have moved to Pittsburgh for work.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,792 times
Smile Little Erie

ow about putting that southern "Little Erie" at the other end of US 19. (in FL I believe)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania