Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 14,427 times

Advertisements

I work in Brooklyn, NY and I am looking for an area close to New York City where I can drive. I really don't want to quit my job. I make good money and I like my job but I looking for a nicer area outside of New York City to raise a family. I would like to drive if possible since I do not like public transportation. I have been looking at Morrisville or Yardley on Bucks County. Can anyone give me any info to help me in my decision.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 820,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofkins View Post
I work in Brooklyn, NY and I am looking for an area close to New York City where I can drive. I really don't want to quit my job. I make good money and I like my job but I looking for a nicer area outside of New York City to raise a family. I would like to drive if possible since I do not like public transportation. I have been looking at Morrisville or Yardley on Bucks County. Can anyone give me any info to help me in my decision.
Thanks
Bucks county is a great place to live. As far as your commute to NYC you would be looking at a 1 1/2 plus hour drive just to get to one of the bridges or tunnels into the city. In the northern section of Bucks which is less populated you would have fairly easy drive to rt 78 but then it would be slow into the tunnels, still atleast 1 1/2 hrs just to the tunnel. depending on the time you would be traveling to and from work could make it a 2 hour plus commute. I can give you a better idea if you let me know where in the city you work and what times you will be traveling to and from work.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofkins View Post
Thanks
Yardley and Newtown are wonderful places to live and a lot of people live there and commute to NYC EXCEPT they take the train. If you live in Newtown or Yardley you could drive to Trenton (about a 10-15 minute drive) and catch the train in. I know you don't like public transportation, but it would put your family in a very nice area. Princeton is also an option again with public transportation. You could drive it from anywhere but it depends how much quality of life you like in terms of being home or on the road. Good luck.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 29,797 times
I do not live in the area but I am also thinking about moving down to Bucks county. NJ Transit is the way to go. We can catch the 7:10 train in morning and be in Penn Station in 58 mins. You can not go wrong, I think it is worth it.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:13 AM

9 posts, read 45,180 times
Morrisville, PA, has some of the lowest home sale prices in the area (compared to Yardley, etc.). You could probably pick up a home for less than $200K.

Check on realtor.com and plug in 19067 for the zip.

I'm acutally selling my home in the area, so I'm a bit biased in my opinion above. 1206 Ohio Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania