U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,049 times

Advertisements

My husband's job wants him to transfer from IN to PA, Pottstown area. What areas have affordable housing and good schools? We both currently have 45 minute commutes which is no big deal. We have kids in highschool to preschool so I need a good area. Any info would be great!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM

72 posts, read 199,034 times
I'm not really familiar with Pottstown, but the suburbs of Reading (Berks County), located about 20 minutes northwest, are very nice and offer more affordable housing compared to Philadlephia suburbs in Montgomery and Chester Counties. Check out Exeter Township, Wyomissing, and Douglassville. All have good schools.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 AM

1,623 posts, read 4,289,069 times
Collegeville or Owen J. Roberts school district...

Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,408 times
Default I know!!!!

[color=darkorchid]I konw very good schools in oxford pa my daughter goes there its a really good school at teacher confrences they tell everything u need to know about ur child and u can help them the teachers are very good too!!!!!If u need more info contact me] Also the housimg developments around the oxford pa area is very nice i like them my self like i said u have my contacts if u call by any chance ask for sabreena i will be there in the morning at around 8:00 am and get home at 4:00 so be free to contact me anytime on the weekends and i should be there so give me a chance will get u some where if i have to ill have to ask around to help u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!O and happy st.pactricks day!!!!!!!!!!!!![INDENT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denni View Post
My husband's job wants him to transfer from IN to PA, Pottstown area. What areas have affordable housing and good schools? We both currently have 45 minute commutes which is no big deal. We have kids in highschool to preschool so I need a good area. Any info would be great!
[/INDENT]

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 03-01-2008 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: E-mail address/phone#

Old 03-01-2008, 06:09 AM

342 posts, read 1,129,871 times
I will agree with Chris. Definitely look at Douglassville and Exeter Township areas. Good schools, very low crime and a very quick commute to Pottstown. I personally would not want to be in Pottstown, but there are great areas nearby. Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania