Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:12 PM

5 posts, read 14,606 times

Advertisements

Can't speak to Macungie, but Lewisburg is a friendly and interesting place to live. Bucknell improves the quality life no matter where in town you live, and the parties are only an issue if you choose to live right in the midst of the student apartments on the edge of campus. We are about four blocks from campus, and it's no problem.

Things I like - low cost of living, interesting shops and restaurants, surprisingly varied and literate population (you would be amazed how many people here have spent big chunks of time overseas, for example, or had interesting other careers before coming here), great public schools, reasonable access to big cities, and good outdoor recreation options.

We could use a bigger, better bookstore (although word is Bucknell is putting a Barnes & Noble in on Market Street as the university bookstore) and better public transportation links in and out of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
Thinking of relocating to PA for hopefully a more stress free life. We are looking at the Macungie area which is beautiful, close to NJ for family, but high taxes. Our second choice is Lewisburg, which we have not seen yet but seems to have a lot of good qualities. Housing prices are not an issue, school and jobs are. Which area would you choose and why? Any help would be appreciated.
Again, I am selling my Meadowbrook Style Condo in the Fairways at Brookside Macungie PA. Taxes under $4,000. fee $205 cover Insurance on everything outside the walls , 3 bedrm 2 bath amenities include my insulation with $110 a month electricity; new air/Heat/Electric water Heater/life guard pool/changing area/toilets/showers/exercise machines/landscaping/snow removal/garbage removal/Loads of storage and upgrades; write me peekaboobrat at yahoo dot com

Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 PM

889 posts, read 2,560,071 times
I wish threads like this get closure in the form of an update on what was finally decided upon, I'm always curious.

Seeing as this thread was started 18 months ago, familymom, which town did you choose?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM

518 posts, read 1,784,795 times
Still in NJ where we know we have a job in this crummy economy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania