Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 05:04 PM

25 posts, read 205,775 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm considering a job in Reading and have noticed previous threads on the subject, but those previous posters seem to have a pretty high housing budget! Could anyone recommend some safe/pleasant areas near Reading and offer a sense of what the average 2BR house would cost? Would Exeter be a good option?

Also, if anyone has perspectives on Albright College and other schools in the area, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 AM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happimedium View Post
Hello,

I'm considering a job in Reading and have noticed previous threads on the subject, but those previous posters seem to have a pretty high housing budget! Could anyone recommend some safe/pleasant areas near Reading and offer a sense of what the average 2BR house would cost? Would Exeter be a good option?

Also, if anyone has perspectives on Albright College and other schools in the area, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Isn't it a small world? I actually attended Albright for a couple years.

In terms of the neighborhood surrounding Albright, it's very pleasant. A good amount of stately -- but many more practical -- well-kept homes right up against Mt. Penn. I imagine homes in that area are obviously much more expensive than something deeper into Reading as opposed to the outskirts. However, the Reading area generally is still a great bargain (one of the only left in Southeastern PA). An average 2 BR in a nice area like Exeter would probably for around 150K - 200K. Check into Temple, Muhlenberg, and Shillington, as well.

I'll be happy to answer any more specific questions you may have about Albright.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happimedium View Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Penn State Berks is ok. Academically it's an average school, but overall it's nothing special.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 AM

25 posts, read 205,775 times
Hi -- Thank you for the responses!

Do you think a decent house under $150K would be possible anywhere in that area? (Just wondering how far my salary would stretch --)

About Albright -- How would you rate the education you received there? I know it is United Methodist-affiliated -- did the curriculum or student body seem particularly religious or conservative because of this, or is it truly a multi-faith community?

(I may have other questions once I visit the Reading area!)

Thanks again,
hm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania