Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
C, you may remember the Pepper Tree when it used to be in the little plaza next to West Coast Video and a liquor store in downtown Selinsgrove just off of Market Street. I know it was there in the 1990s. It moved out to Route 522, as LeeMar said, probably after you graduated from SU. I can't remember the exact year.

As a note, they're only open for breakfast and lunch - not at suppertime.
I remember that place being Lynn's Market, then it was a ice cream place called "White Mountain Creamery". That was a long time ago though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 12:39 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
If your cheap then Red Lobster is out of budget as well.
I'll pay more for seafood (or a place that has killer food/service) and would frequent RL quite a bit. They usually have some killer lunch deals too which is cool. Just not a big fan of steak houses thus wouldn't pay much to visit one. I eat out 4-6 times a month so I'm not an extreme cheapie and was mainly joking. (but will be careful with where I spend my moolah!).

Old 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,839 times
people, I hate to burst your bubbles but they won't put a red lobster, olive garden, or a smokey bones ( all owned by the same holding company) in an are with less than 40,000 person static population. It is a company policy because they want to make sure that there are enough people who will frequent any establishment that they build. Sorry to let you know this.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:46 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garion68 View Post
people, I hate to burst your bubbles but they won't put a red lobster, olive garden, or a smokey bones ( all owned by the same holding company) in an are with less than 40,000 person static population. It is a company policy because they want to make sure that there are enough people who will frequent any establishment that they build. Sorry to let you know this.
Yeah, I've heard that before and was kind of hoping they might make a change to that rule but it hasn't happened. We are growing so that always gives a bit more hope but how far away from that 40,000 person static population is the area? Hopefully in 3-5 years we would be large enough to spike their interest. Maybe it's a pipe dream to get one but never thought we'd get a Best Buy or Target so who knows?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 AM

23 posts, read 59,786 times
Maybe they need to rethink. The last two times I was at Williamsport, I left both RL and OG because the wait was just too long.

I love a good steakhouse, but we already have good places for steak. We need a good seafood and italian place.

Although, it's a little drive for me, but Big Jon's eatery in Middleburg has pretty much the same menu that Giovanni's had here in Norry. He had the same cook, who is now back at OIP in Lewisburg.

I only ate at Sorella's once, and only because we were meeting a group and they picked it. The food was awful. And I boycott the place anyway because of the way they kicked Giovanni's out. Horrible people.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 AM

I haven't had them yet, but daughter brought some home for husband the past two nights. She works at BJ's and they have new scallops and crabcakes that she says are better than the old recipe (crabcake). The scallops difference is in quality I believe, no preservatives.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:47 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,787,860 times
Default Red Robin

We stopped yesterday at the Red Robin at the MM - since our first choice, Emma's, was closed for vacation.

Pros:
Food came quickly after we ordered
Food was ok
Temperature in restaurant was reasonable - not too hot, not too cold - usually Friendly's is way too cold whatever location we go to, which doesn't put is in the mood for ice cream

Less good:
Place was NOISY - surely had a dB level meriting hearing protection. Loud music, the shake machine ran constantly, and the place was only 1/2 full.
Slow/inattentive servers - no kids menu for the 7yo until we asked for it, no straw for her cup until we asked 2x for it, slow to refill drinks, slow to pick up the check
No website address for survey - so I'm typing it here!

Honestly we were a bit surprised at not so good service since other Red Robins we've been to seem to excel wven in much larger towns and much busier - like Hershey on a summer weekend.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 AM

56 posts, read 182,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
We stopped yesterday at the Red Robin at the MM - since our first choice, Emma's, was closed for vacation.

Pros:
Food came quickly after we ordered
Food was ok
Temperature in restaurant was reasonable - not too hot, not too cold - usually Friendly's is way too cold whatever location we go to, which doesn't put is in the mood for ice cream

Less good:
Place was NOISY - surely had a dB level meriting hearing protection. Loud music, the shake machine ran constantly, and the place was only 1/2 full.
Slow/inattentive servers - no kids menu for the 7yo until we asked for it, no straw for her cup until we asked 2x for it, slow to refill drinks, slow to pick up the check
No website address for survey - so I'm typing it here!

Honestly we were a bit surprised at not so good service since other Red Robins we've been to seem to excel wven in much larger towns and much busier - like Hershey on a summer weekend.
Wow! this is shocking. I for one have never had a bad experience at the Hummels Wharf Red Robin. The food has always been good and the staff has always been pleasant and attentive to me. Maybe you just had a bad waitress that day. The only time I have had anything to complain about was when they first opened up I was mailed a free coupon for something, (I cant remember what it was for) and they refused to take it saying it was not for their location (I was very frustrated then). As for the noise, I guess some are ultra-sensitive to things like that. I have never even noticed the noise level being problematic, although I cannot remember a time in my life when noise in a restaurant was an issue to me. ... Just my 2 cents

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,201 times
I too have always enjoyed our visits to the MM Red Robin. The staff always ask us how many kids' menus we need as soon as we walk in the door (we have a daughter who is almost too old, so they always ask). The wait staff is always wonderful and the food always hot and fresh.

I do agree that the noise at times approaches "middle school cafeteria" levels. We have a family of 5 so we usually get a corner booth or a long table and conversation at times is challenging.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM

It is noisy in Red Robin, but it is even when there aren't many people there. I think it is the buildings design, the accoustics. Although hubby went outside yesterday to make a phone call and he had to walk around to the side, almost to the back of the building as their speakers outside make it almost as noisy. But we enjoy going there, love the burgers, and it's a nice place to take the grandson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania