U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM

390 posts, read 1,065,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I asked the people in the know in Selinsgrove and they don't think the product is manufactured in Selinsgrove any more. They thought maybe at one time it was but not now.

My husband used to go into a company in Muncy that made Grandma's cookies. They had packages of smaller soft chocolate chip cookies (like chewy Chips Ahoy) but you could NOT buy them locally. You could only get the packages with two large cookies locally. Talk about not fair!! Those little cookies were good (we got some one time when a case fell off a pallet and smashed - then the employees got them and someone gave a pack to my husband).
That was when the Lay's plant was there. They made Grandma's Cookies. I knew a few folks who worked there and almost everything they made was shipped out west and almost everything made in Texas was shipped here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 05:54 PM

59 posts, read 98,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M AND M MORE THAN WELCOME View Post
...and who died and left you boss? Or for that matter, the social decision maker? BTW, I love these "silly things" - as my graduate work will attest to. Oh...I get it....You ACTUALLY voted for Obama bin Laden.....and speaking of digging holes, poor George Wallace is rollin in his grave....

Obama bin Laden...you talk about ignorance...your posts get more and more ignorant each time you respond.....amazing with all the schooling you talk about and all the money you make you still have not learned much...Thank goodness most do not agree with your thoughts as if they did it sure would be a scary place. I hope that the rude attacks at this point will cease and that one can stay focus on the discussion which is the Marketplace.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM

I too have heard a lot of rumors about Ruby Tuesdays however nothing has happened there so I'm guessing they are just rumors ..what a bummer

Old 11-09-2008, 05:58 PM

I really hope something goes in the old Giant

Old 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Thank you Dawn for your post about the liquor licences I had no idea such was the case...sounds like it will be difficult for any resteraunt to go in at this point...A lot of resteraunts make a lot of money from alcoholic drinks.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM

512 posts, read 599,461 times
Default Envi bricks in Selinsgrove

Thanks for the info Dawne, but I have received 2 emails from "barefoot" confirming they do manufacture condensed saw dust bricks in Selinsgrove, PA. They apparently purchased equipment from "Bio Bricks" and now call them "Envi[ronmental] Blocks", they said they don't sell to the public and are open to new distributors in PA but that their big demand is in the New England states, PA isn't particularly interested in the blocks because of cheap coal in the region they say. The blocks are awesome, but pricy, plan to keep them for emergencies only.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,562,318 times
I see that PetSmart is now hiring - there was an ad in the paper recently.

My hubby got a free burger email from Red Robin for his birthday, so we'll be going there again in the next two weeks.

Anyone been to Dick's Sporting Goods yet? I understand they opened over the weekend.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 AM

I saw starbucks is open..I'm looking forward to going there...

Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 AM

I haven't been to Dicks but I've been to their stores in other locations.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,562,318 times
Yes, we've been to a Dick's Sporting Goods in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

I have an acquaintance who says she doesn't like our new Target. She says she prefers the one in Harrisburg. I haven't been in that one so I can't compare, but I guess stores are different in different locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania