U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2008, 09:58 AM

512 posts, read 599,980 times

Advertisements

First major visit to MM had mixed results for me. Red Robin gave me the best burger I've ever had, and the fries just kept coming. Kohl's was a complete disappointment, the 50% off sale was a joke, the prices were hiked to ridiculous prices and 50% off was still beat by the other comparable chains at the mall. Target has the best DVD buys anywhere, clothing is expensive there, $29 for a no-name dress shirt? the checkout was smooth, the Starbucks inside Target needs a new manager, they were VERY slow and entitled and expecting tips for a regular coffee, sorry. Giant is awesome, glad Staples and Michaels is coming but I hope MM gets serious when the hype dies down because the prices aren't that great in general, Walmart has them beat and is carrying higher end product at this point, K-Mart also has great deals and fairly good quality if folks would take the time to drive down there. I think we need to support all the businesses as possible, Value City could very well remain empty, the Rag Shop is not a very attractive venue, the former Quiznos is in a bad location with bad access, 2 empty restaurants and if we lose an anchor store at the mall, there could be a snow ball effect. There's been some activity at Rex but not sure it's anything but removing signage. Looking forward to Mcdonald's opening, I miss my coffee and egg mcmuffin in the AM on the way to work, I've been emailing Costco and received an interesting email from their marketing dept, she mentioned the plan to finish the 11/15 bypass to Rt 80 in an attempt to revitalize the Williamsport area, my understanding is that the state has finally acquired all the rights of way needed to finish the project and it is a priority according to their latest news release on PA roads and waterways. If and when that happens, I can only imagine the impact that will have on Shamokin Dam in general. Lots to think about for our area. With all the criticism Walmart gets, the place is always packed and in tough economic times, people go where they can save the most money for the product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM

26,558 posts, read 47,304,037 times
Well the Sonic in Wilkes-Barre will be opening in 2009. I'd expect to see one coming your way to the Union/Snyder County area not long afterwards if they do well up here!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:55 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,838,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well the Sonic in Wilkes-Barre will be opening in 2009. I'd expect to see one coming your way to the Union/Snyder County area not long afterwards if they do well up here!
The commercials make me always wish there would be one around to try but I always hear bad things from people who have one in their area. Have you or anybody else on the thread been to one? Are they good? I do like most of their commericals

I want a Joe's Crab Shack here!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,563,935 times
We've been to a Sonic in Myrtle Beach, SC. The food was good. We didn't get any milkshakes, but the people I know who have gottem them just rave about them. I think Sonic would be a wonderful addition to our area.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 PM

133 posts, read 185,830 times
Just wondering, when is the new Michael's set to open? The last I heard it was January. Also any opinions on the Golden Chopsticks restaurant?

Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,563,935 times
Last I heard for Michael's was March, but maybe they upped the date.

Is Golden Chopsticks the one near Pizza Hut across from Burger King? If so, I recently heard that their food it not that great and their conditions are, shall we say, less than sanitary. From what I heard I'm wondering why the Health Department hasn't closed them down. But you know how rumors can be. I've never been there myself, but the people who told me about it were - and will never return.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM

I was in the Golden Chopsticks restaurant on Saturday, picked up the order to go, drove home to Liverpool, and found out the order was wrong. I guess that was stupidity on my part, as while I was waiting for my order, a man came back in, and said that his order was wrong, (at least he caught it before he left the restaurant. Anyway, the girl behind the counter was very friendly, but seemed to want to talk more about her children and problems, than to take the order. I had a hard time understanding her. As far as Michael's, I was hoping it would open in January, it beats having to drive to Harrisburg area for my craft supples for work. On another note, I am not to impressed with the Kohls either, the womens department has next to nothing clothing wise.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:02 PM

224 posts, read 441,590 times
Default Olive Garden

Not sure if anyone posted this but I have solid word that Olive Garden is coming to MMP

Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 PM

Olive Garden will be an awesome addition to MMP! When is this supposed to take place?

Old 12-28-2008, 02:06 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,838,688 times
I don't really care for Olive Garden but know many others will enjoy it so a good move for the area. Please please please let a Red Lobster come here.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania