Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:30 PM

28 posts, read 25,683 times

Advertisements

The Philadelphia forum functions as a forum for much of Delaware Valley (or the Philly MSA, which includes surrounding counties).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 PM

968 posts, read 1,141,441 times
You can also lump York, Lancaster and Hershey in with the Harrisburg region in the middle of the state. Reading seems to be equidistant from that, Philly and Lehigh so that is a moot point.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:11 PM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
You can also lump York, Lancaster and Hershey in with the Harrisburg region in the middle of the state. Reading seems to be equidistant from that, Philly and Lehigh so that is a moot point.

middle of the southern part of the state.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post
I try to keep as many people updated on the "Erie development thread" as I can but it would be nice to have a separate sub-forum for our corner of the state, which has more in common with NE Ohio and western NY than the rest of PA. lol
I think they should do that and throw in a few extra counties as well.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:18 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Bucks, Delaware?
>>>> That's the thing. If you lived in, say, Montgomery County, you'd be pretty much aware of whats going on in the counties surrounding you. Two counties over, not so much. Maybe Delaware, Chester and could have their own sub forum, Lehigh and Bucks and Montgomery their own, Berks, Lancaster and Lebanon their own.
Or just have one large SE Pa forum as suggested which would as I said would dominate the Pa forum. I'm okay with that.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:46 AM

14,177 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
Harrisburg and Hershey are both in the same county.

As for dividing Philadelphia's collar counties into separate forums, or some forum other than the Philadelphia forum: I'd object to that mightily, as it would reinforce an attitude I find too widespread beyond Southeast Pennsylvania and disturbingly common within it - namely, that if a bomb were dropped on Broad and Market tomorrow, everyone else would get along just fine.

News flash: they wouldn't.

No one living in Harrisburg should go pointing fingers at Philadelphia, crying "corruption!"

And despite its stubbornly high poverty rate, it remains the chief employment center of Southeastern Pennsylvania. Were it to disappear, the region - the state's chief economic engine - would be measurably worse off.

I would suggest that the Lehigh Valley and South Central Pennsylvania (Harrisburg/Lancaster/York) do deserve their own forums, though.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:10 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> That's the thing. If you lived in, say, Montgomery County, you'd be pretty much aware of whats going on in the counties surrounding you. Two counties over, not so much. Maybe Delaware, Chester and could have their own sub forum, Lehigh and Bucks and Montgomery their own, Berks, Lancaster and Lebanon their own.
Or just have one large SE Pa forum as suggested which would as I said would dominate the Pa forum. I'm okay with that.

I said Delaware, Bucks because the poster had left them out, when mentioning counties in the Philadelphia area. I don't think they need their own forum.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post

I agree about the north central subforum although don't know how many people would post on it.

You left them out of your SEPA forum lineup.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
You left them out of your SEPA forum lineup.

I don't recall making a SEPA lineup.

I don't know who you mean by 'them'.

ok-it's 4AM. maybe that's the problem.
sigh

Old 07-13-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
SE Pa: Berks, Lancaster, Schuylkill, Montgomery, Chester, Lebanon, Lehigh. But that forum if created would probably overshadow ones like NE Pa and drain Philadelphia posts away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I don't recall making a SEPA lineup.

I don't know who you mean by 'them'.

ok-it's 4AM. maybe that's the problem.
sigh
This is what I meant. It wasnt supposed to be a big deal, but it was odd they said Montgomery, Chester and left out Bucks and Delaware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania