Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:04 PM

96 posts, read 343,571 times

Advertisements

I live in Hanover PA. i am about 45 min away from Baltimore and Harrisburg.I have seen our community grow and accept all races. We have great schools go to SchoolMatters - Home and look around. The housing in the area is affordable compaired to MD. Taxes are ok. Life is good here with lots of shopping and dining.Please let me know if I can help you with any more questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:29 AM

39 posts, read 145,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasm1974 View Post
We are trying to research areas to move to. We are a black and white couple and have four children. My husband is may want to transfer with his federal job to the Maryland area and do to the cost of living we are seriously considering living in the PA area, like Chambersburg or Southside of Harrisburgh area. What is is like for black and white couples, cost of living, schools etc. We live in the Nashville TN area now and DO NOT like it, there is a lot of racial issues here especially in the small towns and the school system is terrible, I have had so many issues with trying to get my daughter assistance in school. They have failed the state testing requirements for four years in a role in this district. Plus the rental cost are high in Nashville. We have been trying to move futher North out of here. Someont please help, we like the Pittsburgh area and would like to find out more info on some other areas like Harrisburgh and Chambersburgh. I found some affordable rentals in Chambersburgh but I do not want to move into an area that may be just as racist or worse them here in TN. I know you cannot completely move away from racism, but we can move to a better area. We have got kids to think about.
Maryland or Virginia would be so much better than PA. There are plenty of bi racial couples in those states.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover1 View Post
Maryland or Virginia would be so much better than PA. There are plenty of bi racial couples in those states.
Maryland yes, but Virginia I'd say no. Outside of the expensive Washington, DC suburbs rural VA is quite conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania