Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 06:29 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,520 times

Advertisements

Local architects, engineers and contractors are teaming up for a massive redevelopment of the former Fort Ritchie.

They say developing Cascade Town Centre is like creating Tysons Corner, Reston or Pentagon City -- all renowned planned communities in northern Virginia.

https://www.publicopiniononline.com/...ain/522057002/

This will be great for Franklin County! Not only will growth spill over into places like Waynesboro and Washington Township, but some prominent Chambersburg firms have deep ties with the project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 03:38 PM

199 posts, read 141,203 times
Is Summit still helping with this?

Old 04-20-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jate88 View Post
Is Summit still helping with this?
Yes they are. A team just went to South Korea to help recruit businesses.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 AM

204 posts, read 422,673 times
We are looking at a home outside Waynesboro. This is exciting news, I’m wondering if the area will become a tourist hub. Definitely create jobs for the area. See any other benefits? I need to look into this area much more. We hope to buy a farm and do some Agritourism type business. I’m not familiar with Fort Ritchie area.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbug3 View Post
We are looking at a home outside Waynesboro. This is exciting news, I’m wondering if the area will become a tourist hub. Definitely create jobs for the area. See any other benefits? I need to look into this area much more. We hope to buy a farm and do some Agritourism type business. I’m not familiar with Fort Ritchie area.
It certainly could become a tourist hub! I believe a hotel and a seperate resort-type business have already signed letters of intent for the project.

Fort Ritchie is just South of Waynesboro atop South Mountain. There is a gorgeous nearby overlook that overlooks Waynesboro/Rouzerville. It was a former military base, and many of the gorgeous old buildings are still on the site. It's definitely an exciting project!

Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 AM

204 posts, read 422,673 times
Default Smart City /Maryland Pa impact

has any of the work begun? This could really bring a lot of jobs to the area. I would imagine that housing costs will rise. We have been told the schools in the Waynesboro, Blue Ridge Summit area are not good. The two areas we are thinking about. Maybe with more money coming into the area they will improve. Anyone have thoughts on that?
That area of Maryland is pretty depressed, natural beauty around but as with most mountainous areas economically struggling. I’m excited about this plan, we have been looking at PA for a long time. This could be a game changer for us.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:24 PM

I don't believe any of the work has begun yet, but they're currently in the leasing and design phase.

As for Waynesboro schools, I imagine they're competitive with schools in similarly sized communities. Because of the federal educational standards imposed on schools these days, communities with similar demographics tend to have similar test scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania