Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:02 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Drove past the site on RT 15. It is really off the beaten path and quite a stretch to call it "Gettysburg ". No retail anywhere in sight. I guess the "build it and they will come" is the hope.
I think the hope is that residents will enjoy the rural surroundings. A lot of these people will be coming from suburban Harrisburg-York-Lancaster and suburban/urban Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 07:30 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,635 times
I would hope with 2,000 homes filled with +55 YO residents there would be a CVS, gas station with a mini market, diner and a supermarket within 2 miles of the development. Prove the development is real and viable and they will come.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:32 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,921 times
One thing many people don’t take into consideration when moving somewhere rural is lack of public transport. This can become an issue for an elderly population.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 4,199 times
As a native Pennsylvanian, currently living in Colorado, but anxious to move back to PA, this development is enticing. Many of my family members live in G-Burg and Chambersburg. To be close to them and have the amenities of a planned community is of much interest. I have been trying to obtain more information and am staying updated on the progress by viewing Abel Construction videos on their Facebook page. The latest one is

https://www.facebook.com/OpenDotTour...type=2&theater

I have tried to contact various parties by phone with no success. I did sign up on their website (AmblebrookGettysburg) for upcoming information, but haven't heard anything from sales yet. I spoke with the re agent connected to the community as advertised on 55places.com. I was hoping to get a timeline, but he had no information and only wanted to sell me current homes on the market in the area. I know it's probably early, but just looking for any news.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,402 times
The developer Robert H Karen has been building these communities all over the USA for decades
Award winning developer many times over.
This community is for 44 plus active adults. It is not an assisted living community
Many people from all walks of life will be living in this community. Golfing, hiking, biking, fishing, boating swimming shopping, tourism all within miles of Amblebrook. This community will have a club house, recreational area pools walking trails a farm to fresh produce market and resturant
Google up [url=http://www.amblebrook.com]AMBLEBROOK NEWFOUNDLANDS[/url]

Old 12-29-2018, 02:59 PM

Good to hear about the developer. In an article, I had read the same and also noted that this project has been in the works for 10 years. Are you connected to this project in any way? Are you a realtor? I see that you have a Gettysburg zipcode. Unfortunately, the web address for amblebrook.com is a dog breeder site and not connected. Try amblebrookgettysburg.com and you will see their excellent website. It indicates availability in 2019, so I was hoping for pre-sales options.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickelson View Post
As a native Pennsylvanian, currently living in Colorado, but anxious to move back to PA, this development is enticing. Many of my family members live in G-Burg and Chambersburg. To be close to them and have the amenities of a planned community is of much interest. I have been trying to obtain more information and am staying updated on the progress by viewing Abel Construction videos on their Facebook page. The latest one is

https://www.facebook.com/OpenDotTour...type=2&theater

I have tried to contact various parties by phone with no success. I did sign up on their website (AmblebrookGettysburg) for upcoming information, but haven't heard anything from sales yet. I spoke with the re agent connected to the community as advertised on 55places.com. I was hoping to get a timeline, but he had no information and only wanted to sell me current homes on the market in the area. I know it's probably early, but just looking for any news.
Yeah, I'm surprised that their website doesn't have much information yet. It will take a while to get the site work and infrastructure finished, so perhaps pre-sales and sales won't happen for a while.

If you need a home sooner, Penn National in Fayetteville may be an option. It's a similar concept.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:58 AM

Thanks, Dequindre. Penn National looks nice. Not under time constraints to move and want to make sure it's a good fit. The newness of Amblebrook has it's pros and cons, is a risk, but also desirable to get on board early.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickelson View Post
Thanks, Dequindre. Penn National looks nice. Not under time constraints to move and want to make sure it's a good fit. The newness of Amblebrook has it's pros and cons, is a risk, but also desirable to get on board early.
I understand completely. I'm excited to see site plans or renderings of Amblebrook. Posting some on their website would really be helpful for interested individuals.

Old 09-16-2023, 08:52 PM

236 posts, read 251,143 times
Looking at the Amblebrook 55+ community…anyone here with first hand knowledge? Super impressed with clubhouse amenities and activities. Just read about construction quality issues, however so now not sure. Pricey….most models are 400k and up.

Last edited by Sicilee; 09-16-2023 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania