Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Poll of questions for those who have left or planning to leave PA, current residence, reasons for leaving PA, would you consider moving back to PA

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM

259 posts, read 849,660 times

Advertisements

1.) Where do you currently live in PA or where did you formerly live in PA?
Mechanicsburg, PA (Hampden Township) from 5th grade until I left for the Air Force in 03, Watsontown/Turbotville, PA birth to 4th grade.

2.) Where do you live now after leaving PA or where do you plan to move once you do leave PA?
Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota since Jan of 04...just outside of Rapid City, SD. Also lived on Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX for Basic Training and Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX for Tech School.

3.) What are your "back-up" choices for relocation destinations?

4.) Why do you wish to leave PA or why did you leave PA?
I left PA for the Air Force. I come back at least once a year to visit family and friends. My first choice was to stay in PA for college, but the finances didn't work out for that so before I even graduated from high school I had already signed up for the AF.

5.) What's currently holding you back from moving out if you haven't already left?

6.) What would it take to entice you to move back to PA if you have already left or to stay if you haven't yet left? Absolutely nothing. I love PA and would move back in a heartbeat. I still call PA home. Go Penn State!

7.) Anything else you'd like to add?
Not really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM

34,172 posts, read 18,468,301 times
Quote:
I'm glad to have discovered the far more pleasant climate of western Colorado. I love the steady diet of sunny days and that B-I-G blue western sky! Ironically, today is one of the first gray, rainy days in several months....perfect for stimulating memories of living in PA.

Yeah, Conjunction Junction!

I'm from PA too and I actually look forward to the few gray days in CO, but the sunshine is wonderful!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:48 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
[/color][/b]

Yeah, Conjunction Junction!

I'm from PA too and I actually look forward to the few gray days in CO, but the sunshine is wonderful!!!
I also live in Colorado, and I say "ditto".

Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 PM

259 posts, read 849,660 times
What's with all of the Colorado people from PA in here...lol. I don't live too far from you guys. I will agree....that Western sky is sooo nice. My Aunt is most likely going to retire from the AF and stay in CO. So that's another Pennsylvanian in Colorado.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:27 AM

32,613 posts, read 77,412,076 times
Colorado is bursting at the seams with out-of-state transplants. This is why the Democratic National Convention was held in Denver. This traditionally "red" state is now "purple," and the Democrats are hoping to turn Colorado into a "blue" state in this current presidential election. Given the high number of people who live in the more liberal Boulder/Denver area as opposed to the smaller proportion of conservatives in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, it might just happen.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 AM

347 posts, read 1,147,308 times

I live in Central Pennsylvania (York County) and I formerly lived in tremont PA

2.) Where do you live now after leaving PA or where do you plan to move once you do leave PA?

I don not plan to leave the state.

If I had to leave the state I would probably go to West Virginia

I would never want to leave this great state because it has everything I need/want.

5.) What's currently holding you back from moving out if you haven't already left?

My education and family is keeping me back from moving back to Tremont PA

6.) What would it take to entice you to move back to PA if you have already left or to stay if you haven't yet left?

xxxxx

Not really.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM

134 posts, read 291,595 times
I would like to make at least in the 50th percentile of scale for my job.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:31 PM

32,613 posts, read 77,412,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconan View Post
I would like to make at least in the 50th percentile of scale for my job.
Sad yet true. Thank you worthless chambers of commerce for making people with degrees line up for jobs at warehouses, Wal-Marts, and call centers!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM

312 posts, read 724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I was inspired by a similar thread on the Ohio forum, and I figured this might likewise be a good idea for the Pennsylvania forum.

I live now in the suburbs of Reading, Pennsylvania in Exeter Township.

I plan to move to Eastport, Maine.

None but Eastport, Maine.

Would like to live in a small community on the coast where people are friendly, in a small artsy town where housing is affordable, and where you can walk to everything. Eastport, Maine is all these things and more.

My house hasn't sold yet.

6.) What would it take to entice you to move back to PA if you have already left or to stay if you haven't yet left?

Nothing.

Only that anyone who hasn't visited Maine ought to.

To fill this out, simply click on "Quote," and then you can add your answers in right beneath my questions. You may wish to "bold" them or use a different text color to make them stand out more though.
Please see above.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 AM

312 posts, read 724,143 times
Forgot to add that I've lived in PA all my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania