Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 11:48 AM

1,803 posts, read 933,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Hospitals make a lot of money marking all deaths as covid. this is by design, and the CDC admitted. its a scam. pneuomonia deaths (tens of thousands per year) are being written up to covid. its a scam, they want federal money.
Well Apparently my local biggest Medical Center in Central PA has a mediocre list of deaths, So it wast way too honest for EXTREMIST. If I pick up my brother coming home possible today from a few day stay for issues. I will check the list of patients with covid-19 with patients, former recoveries and deaths and get back with DA INFLATED EXTREME #s. I mean Extremist far right Conspiracy blame Democrats apparently, oh and liberal biased profit seeking Hospitals even if listed as not for profit ones.

Or you just check online perhaps or your extremist links. It is Geisinger Medical Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 01:29 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wearing a mask isn't about you; it's about the people you come in contact with. A mask doesn't make you any safer, but it protects other people from you.

It's up to individual businesses to require masks inside their premises; personally, I am not patronizing any business that does not require masks.

The more people who wear masks, who keep their distance, who stay home whenever possible, the better chance we have to reduce transmission. It's quite simple.

Again, this is incorrect. Hospitals receive reimbursements from Medicare (and maybe other insurance?) for treating Covid-19 patients. Why? Because the treatment is more expensive and more lengthy.

COVID-19 doesn't give a crap about a region's politics. What is more likely to affect reopening is the movement of people from one region to another - if you have commuters from one highly infected area moving back and forth to another area, it would make sense to take a second look at reopening.
Sorry, but NO. We here in Monroe going to Green next week. 29 cases in the last 2 weeks. Too many for you?

Husband and I are both elderly and highest risk. He has a Pacemaker and multiple other conditions putting him at highest risk. He has been going out all 3 months visiting friends, and travelling around with them. Maybe YOU would ban him from your house? Wear your mask at home to protect YOURSELF against your spouse of 45 years to save yourself?????

While I don't socialize like he does, we are both in agreement on these issues. If he chooses to do this, I am fine with it. Tell me WHO is most likely to affected by his behavior? Society or ME?

I will give you that politics isn't an issue. Husband is a lifelong Republican and I am a Democrat.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:47 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Sorry, but NO. We here in Monroe going to Green next week. 29 cases in the last 2 weeks. Too many for you?

Husband and I are both elderly and highest risk. He has a Pacemaker and multiple other conditions putting him at highest risk. He has been going out all 3 months visiting friends, and travelling around with them. Maybe YOU would ban him from your house? Wear your mask at home to protect YOURSELF against your spouse of 45 years to save yourself?????

While I don't socialize like he does, we are both in agreement on these issues. If he chooses to do this, I am fine with it. Tell me WHO is most likely to affected by his behavior? Society or ME?

I will give you that politics isn't an issue. Husband is a lifelong Republican and I am a Democrat.
I am also in the high-risk group in two ways — I'm over 60 and Type 2 diabetic — but I'm probably less risk-averse than most of the other over-60s I know around here; I was still venturing out on errands (mostly food shopping, as that was one of the few things we were allowed to do) during the lockdown.

But I wore a mask and carried hand sanitizer with me on every trip and still do both.

Your county is part of the Poconos and thus gets lots of visitors; ISTR the Delaware Water Gap is located in it. I think I'd take precautions when venturing out for that reason. And no, I wouldn't wear a mask at home either, even if I lived with someone; I would assume that my spouse/partner/roommate wouldn't expose me to the risk if they had been exposed and would tell me if they had been.

Even if you don't wear a mask (and thus may not be able to enter some businesses; masks are still being recommended even in green counties), I hope for your sake that those around you are wearing them when they go out.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I am also in the high-risk group in two ways — I'm over 60 and Type 2 diabetic — but I'm probably less risk-averse than most of the other over-60s I know around here; I was still venturing out on errands (mostly food shopping, as that was one of the few things we were allowed to do) during the lockdown.

But I wore a mask and carried hand sanitizer with me on every trip and still do both.

Your county is part of the Poconos and thus gets lots of visitors; ISTR the Delaware Water Gap is located in it. I think I'd take precautions when venturing out for that reason. And no, I wouldn't wear a mask at home either, even if I lived with someone; I would assume that my spouse/partner/roommate wouldn't expose me to the risk if they had been exposed and would tell me if they had been.

Even if you don't wear a mask (and thus may not be able to enter some businesses; masks are still being recommended even in green counties), I hope for your sake that those around you are wearing them when they go out.
Of course we do in Poconos. You cannot drive around or go in parking lots without seeing NY and NJ plates, including during stay at home orders. We live in a development where there are retired people with kids living in those states, people with 2nd homes, and even those who commute to NYC.

YES, Stores still require them, BUT a LOT of people take them off in parking lots. Put police in parking lots? While Walmart still requires masks, they have stopped their outside lines 6 feet apart, one person in, one person out, admission since we have gone to Yellow Phase. Once inside the stores? People, and employees, are going up and down one way aisles, and pulling down masks. Only social distancing I have seen here are on check out lines.

We went to visit our Millennial daughter, SIL, and Grandkids in NY back end of April. We and they were fine with that. Our Gen X daughter wasn't so, we did not go. She took part time job in hospital. However, based on what she was seeing where she worked in NY, she and her family came to see us in Poconos Memorial Day Weekend. When my Toddler Grandson raised his arms and wanted me to pick him up, I hesitated and my daughter yelled at me, " PICK HIM UP". With pleasure, if YOU are fine with that.

I will bow to younger generation and their children. As far as we elderly, that is OUR choice as Adults.

Edit Husband and I are 71, and he has a LOT of Medical Conditions.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-15-2020 at 02:33 PM..

Old 06-15-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Of course we do in Poconos. You cannot drive around or go in parking lots without seeing NY and NJ plates, including during stay at home orders. We live in a development where there are retired people with kids living in those states, people with 2nd homes, and even those who commute to NYC.

YES, Stores still require them, BUT a LOT of people take them off in parking lots. Put police in parking lots? While Walmart still requires masks, they have stopped their outside lines 6 feet apart, one person in, one person out, admission since we have gone to Yellow Phase. Once inside the stores? People, and employees, are going up and down one way aisles, and pulling down masks. Only social distancing I have seen here are on check out lines.

We went to visit our Millennial daughter, SIL, and Grandkids in NY back end of April. We and they were fine with that. Our Gen X daughter wasn't so, we did not go. She took part time job in hospital. However, based on what she was seeing where she worked in NY, she and her family came to see us in Poconos Memorial Day Weekend. When my Toddler Grandson raised his arms and wanted me to pick him up, I hesitated and my daughter yelled at me, " PICK HIM UP". With pleasure, if YOU are fine with that.

I will bow to younger generation and their children. As far as we elderly, that is OUR choice as Adults.

Edit Husband and I are 71, and he has a LOT of Medical Conditions.
God bless both of you. And I don't mean that sarcastically. You two sound like quite a wonderful couple.

Old 06-16-2020, 05:54 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
It's completely true. they get paid no matter if they gave any treatment for coid at all. it could be a murder, it could be pneumonia, or an accident, or cancer, or heart attack. if they mark it as a covid death, they get the medicare money. that is FACT.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/ho...9-death-count/

I am in favor of a slow opening. I haven't been in a store without everyone wearing a mask and I feel safer that way. No one is comfortable wearing a mask but it makes us all safer. My husband and his co-workers have been wearing them every day since March 15th and no one has gotten the virus. In fact, it seems to have lessened sickness in general. I think if someone is so uncomfortable or scared of wearing a mask for the short time it takes to shop, they should find alternative ways of getting their stuff. Curbside pick up is available at everyplace that I know of that is open.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:13 PM

If a supermarket or store requires me to enter their premises wearing a mask (actually use a bandanas), I will. As soon as I leave their doors, I will pull it down in the open air parking lots walking to my car.

One supermarket has a sign saying SOLO Shopper only. Yeah, right. If I choose to go shopping with my spouse, you want us to show ID that we live in the same household? Stand 6 feet away from each other? You going to stop parents with their children as well?

People are taking this to extreme measures.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:36 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I'm all for it but it seems to be pretty confused. Monday I was in Clearfield County and a fast food place was open only to drive thru like elsewhere. I thought they were in the green? Then in Northumberland I saw a guy at a convenience store not wearing a mask inside but the employees were. And yesterday in Berks a customer wasn't wearing a mask but the rest were. The clerk said he heard some people saying it was opened to green but I read thats next week. In a state park everybody was enjoying the water and park and nobody was wearing masks. People seem mostly ready to just open things up but then some still seem pretty fearful. Our local eatery was open to take out and I enjoyed some comfort food to go.
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to anything that was done but Covid 19 was never understood to begin with either. It still isn't. Its very contagious and runs the gamut from non symptomatic to very mild to serious to deadly.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to anything that was done but Covid 19 was never understood to begin with either. It still isn't. Its very contagious and runs the gamut from non symptomatic to very mild to serious to deadly.
The fact is, we're still learning as we go.

For instance, we know now but didn't know then that:
  • while the virus is indeed very virulent and more severe than other coronaviruses, the severity of the disease comes from how far the virus has to travel to work its havoc, and the distance it has to travel means you have to inhale more of it to get infected; your body's defenses might be able to handle lesser amounts of virus inhaled
  • the odds of your catching it when indoors may depend on how well the ventilation system works
  • it's actually quite difficult to contract the virus through contact with surfaces
  • Simply staying quiet when on public transit should greatly reduce virus spread there
  • and riding public transit may not be as risky as you think

And there's all sorts of conflicting advice about the effectiveness of masks. The latest I've read (this morning on Gizmodo, of all places) was an article saying that the CDC has known all along that even non-N95 masks do help reduce the spread of the virus but that Fauci and other officials were feeding everyone false information because the supply simply wasn't there to fill the need.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:28 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Pilot1 poster is clearly a extremist on his Political views in his post on C-D that are mostly Politically Far Right. To tout Hospitals were inflating deaths and all things the most extremist sights might hype prove it. Democrats and Liberals in general are the enemy to them as true in a way that is unbreakable.

Any inference to our State is still in some total shutdown was the point I wanted to make is untrue. How my area and mostly North/Central PA has been reopening in the Green Phase just before all back to normal comes. The New Normal anyway that we will have then.
You view me as an extremist maybe due to your views. I am a Constitutionalist and Libertarian. PA is still in LOCK DOWN in these Counties; Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Erie, Lackawanna, Lebanon, Lancaster, Lehigh, Northampton, Montgomery, Philadelphia, and Susquehannah. They are in the Yellow phase which is still very restrictive. Why? Ask Commie Wolf.

Not that it matters, but I still own property and pay real estate and property taxes in PA so I have skin in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania