Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM

56 posts, read 226,678 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from west coast to pa. In June and are looking at slot of properties online to get ideas. Without being able to come out and really see and feel the town it gets overwelming sometimes. We love the look and feel of doylestown and yardley. Yet again this is from online. So I was looking for opinions out there. I was reading another post and sad to hear about the drugs in doylestown but I guess its everywhere. Any opinions
on yardley? It seems like a nice town. We have 4 kids
and want some space if possible.... An acre if possible. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,588,149 times
You'll get more responses on the Philadelphia forum.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:02 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrlane View Post
We are relocating from west coast to pa. In June and are looking at slot of properties online to get ideas. Without being able to come out and really see and feel the town it gets overwelming sometimes. We love the look and feel of doylestown and yardley. Yet again this is from online. So I was looking for opinions out there. I was reading another post and sad to hear about the drugs in doylestown but I guess its everywhere. Any opinions
on yardley? It seems like a nice town. We have 4 kids
and want some space if possible.... An acre if possible. Thanks so much.
we moved to Doylestown last June,we love it.We have 3 kids,the CB school district is wonderful and lots of opportunities here.We had heard of the drug thing previously also.I believe its pretty isolated,rich kids with little to no parental supervision.I'm afraid that can't be avoided anywhere.It is certainly not the norm here.
I know that there are homes on acre lots.I think they will run $700,000 and above.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Doylestown mainly due to more competitive schools. Yardley I believe is part of Pennsbury school district which are good but Central Bucks school district is one of the better school districts in the Philadelphia area.

Bucks County has 3 superior school districts. IMO if you are leaning towards living in Bucks you should make sure you are in the school districts of:

Central Bucks
Council Rock
New Hope-Solebury

If you dont have your heart set on Bucks County there are arguably even better schools along the Mainline(Lower Merion,Radnor,Tredyffrin-Easttown) and in Chester County(Great Valley and Unionville-Chadds Ford)

Good luck

Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM

8 posts, read 34,557 times
Default yardley vs. d-town

If you are looking for an acre - Yardley. ALtho, You will still be driving to Doylestown for doctors, stores museums and entertainment. Property pricey in Doylestown area because it is so nice with so much going on. THe drugs, well, they are everywhere, the good/bad about DOylestown is that there is no convenient mall for them to go hang out and do drugs in. So it is more likely that parents, neighbors, school teachers, town cops will stumble across them (still bad/good? Instead of a state trooper.) It is also an economically advantaged community so teens are less likely to be working. Free time and all that. Yardley is quiet and maybe a little charmingly quirky. You would be using Newtown for conveniences, which looks toney but has an odd age/economic mix, too much a bedroom community for Philadelphia. Doylestown stands proudly alone, always has.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
You can get plenty of land in Yardley, and there are just as many doctors, etc. in Yardley as there are in Doylestown. The school district that serves Doylestown is probably a bit more highly ranked though. Yardley is more centrally located (to Philly, Princeton and NYC) if you are interested in going further for entertainment.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
Both are good. COnsider Newtown as well. It's between Yardley and Doylestown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania