Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 PM

75 posts, read 257,671 times

Advertisements

Is there no end to human depravity? I learned about this on the radio in the middle of the night and found the article on the internet. I normally would not make such a disturbing post, but I am hoping that those of you who live in western PA and are outraged by such behavior, will make your voices heard. I know there is a small reward being offered for information about this atrocity.

Blind pony may have been dragged to death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 03:09 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,934,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny2008 View Post
Is there no end to human depravity? I learned about this on the radio in the middle of the night and found the article on the internet. I normally would not make such a disturbing post, but I am hoping that those of you who live in western PA and are outraged by such behavior, will make your voices heard. I know there is a small reward being offered for information about this atrocity.

Blind pony may have been dragged to death
They showed the dead horse on the news in Youngstown and it made me sick. The people who did this should be shot!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 PM

518 posts, read 2,531,703 times
whoever did that should be drug by an atv across pennsylvania for everyone to see

Old 05-05-2008, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 5,941 times
Default This is as sad as it gets!!!!

What kind of person or persons could do this kind of thing to a helpless blind pony? I can't imagine what this poor pony went thru. What kind of thrill can someone get out of torturing a helpless animal? Where is PETA when you need them? My heart goes out to the owner of this pony . I pray they find who did this and charge them to the fullest extent of the law. Next time it could be a person they kill to get some sort of sick thrill!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
If the perps are caught, their punishment should be swift and sure. There is no defense for this, none. Children who torture animals are in need of serious mental help. I say children because I doubt that adults did this.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM

Sadly, many of those who do violence against animals are rarely punished with anything more than a slap on the hand. The "people" that committed this atrocious act are evil to the core and do not deserve to live in normal society. Does anyone living in Mercer County know if any progress is being made in finding the perpetrators?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,934,506 times
Quote:
Sadly, many of those who do violence against animals are rarely punished with anything more than a slap on the hand. The "people" that committed this atrocious act are evil to the core and do not deserve to live in normal society. Does anyone living in Mercer County know if any progress is being made in finding the perpetrators?
I don't live there, i live across the border and the Y-town news has had the story on several time. The news at noon today said they are offering a 6k dollar reward so far.

21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio - Police Continue Search for Horse Abuse Suspects

Old 05-06-2008, 03:28 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I never understood the concept of "reward money." If I had information that could potentially lead to the arrest of the guilty parties in the case, I'd immediately rush to the police. I wouldn't expect a cash reward for it. We've become a society where people expect payment for doing the ethically proper thing. That's sickening to me.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I never understood the concept of "reward money." If I had information that could potentially lead to the arrest of the guilty parties in the case, I'd immediately rush to the police. I wouldn't expect a cash reward for it. We've become a society where people expect payment for doing the ethically proper thing. That's sickening to me.
Sad but true, especially in this case. I imagine anyone who knows about this incident is close to the perpetrators, and we know what kind of "people" they are.
Decent people don't need rewards but rewards are necessary to get the bad guys to snitch on each other.
Apparently, most of the reward money has come from outside Mercer County. I am sending out a donation in tomorrow's mail, and plan on becoming more active in promoting legislation that gives jail time to anyone guilty of animal cruelty.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,110 times
Quote:

[URL="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08123/878597-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml"]Blind pony may have been dragged to death[/URL]
I am new here and just found this post. This is awful! Did they ever catch the perp(s)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania