Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 PM

70 posts, read 150,592 times

Advertisements

Any one interested in selling their (newer) 2-3 bedroom townhouse?
Criteria: in Good Elementary School area (public school), commutable to Wilmington DE, price-range: 200-230K, with low association fee, crime-free city/neighborhood. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 AM

13,249 posts, read 33,380,157 times
Before anyone posts, remember the terms of service for this site, no advertising. Posts with listings will be removed. Gdelemschl, today is Sunday - a great day to look through The Inquirer and the Wilmington News Journal and see what's listed.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,938,308 times
If I was spending over $200K on a house, it sure as heck wouldn't be a townhouse. I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on basically a rowhouse...and sharing a wall with someone.

Another reason I'm glad I live somewhere with a reasonable cost of living.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 PM

274 posts, read 1,396,903 times
You could check in Aston, Delaware County. They have some newer construction which would be in that range, I believe

Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,438 times
Default Yes - In Morton, PA

You should check in Morton. It is a nice area and your kids would go to Springfield School District which has won tons of awards on academic excellence. There were a few on the market for actually high $180K - $200 and they were 2 bdrm 1 1/2 bath units. Commute to DE by car, taking 95 is about 35min depending on traffic and you have the option to take public transportation as a regional rail train runs in the Morton area. I'm not sure of the current availability except what I mentioned above so you may need to check some real estate sites. But the area is nice, taxes aren't bad and it has a real hometown appeal. Oh and the best part is you can get to anywhere pretty quickly. The Blue Route (I-476) is within minutes, as well as 95. Then the airport is very close too! And did I mention the numerous shopping and dining choices. Check it out!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
If I was spending over $200K on a house, it sure as heck wouldn't be a townhouse. I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on basically a rowhouse...and sharing a wall with someone.

Another reason I'm glad I live somewhere with a reasonable cost of living.
Some people actually enjoy the company of others, and living in civilization. I have been to Scranton, and there is a reason prices are so cheap there.

There are a lot of nice places in DelCo, look into Media, Aston, Springfield, there are plenty of townhouses in that price range.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Status: "Criminal not just by intent but also by action" (set 4 days ago)

932 posts, read 1,216,244 times
Smile Gdelemschl

LOL. Two Bedrooms are pretty scarce. Hillcrest Elementary and Aronimink Elementary should fit the bill. These schools are in Drexel Hill. Hillcrest near Marvine and Agnew Drive and Aronimink near Burmont Rd & Dermond. These schools can be rated on greatschools.com. Good Luck.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 09-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania